What If

Old August 31st 04, 12:40 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi nightbat Well you go with Hoyle's steady state theory(yes?) You have
your own theory. Could you tell it to us again in few words as
possible? I tie my creation theory in with the big bang showing there
was always gravity and space energy before the big bang. The big bang
theory is useful because it answers hard questions. Gamow predicted
what the universe's temperature would be in this spacetime,and after
those two guys discovered the radiation of 2.7 K he was right on the
money. Gamow should have received the Nobel for that. nightbat the
big bang theory,and the discovery now of black holes is not going to be
dropped. Best to do what I have done and merge your ideas into them.
Einstein did that by merging space and time together. Don't throw the
baby out with the bath water. Don't let your own ideas keep you from
appreciating ideas(theories) that are out there. Don't let your ego be
king. Bert

Old August 31st 04, 06:36 PM
Double-A

"Painius" wrote in message ...
"Double-A" wrote in message...
om...

(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote...

in message ...

What if huge black holes are out there but harder to find? I'm thinking
galaxy core black holes that have the mass of two million suns are not
all that big,and powerful. They Eat about 10 stars a year,and have an
accretion disk because they spiral in the stars atom by atom,at close to
light speed as they pass through the event horizon. Now lets go with
super-massive black holes of 2 billion suns. They have no outpouring of
energy,and they can eat a star that gets to close in one gulp at the
speed of light. No disk. We can think of gravitational energy (inertia
of the star) transformed directly into the energy of speed.
These supermassive black holes live very far from our galaxy. They grew
up in a spacetime of much greater space density. This adds to there
being very hard to detect. If closer we might see a star moving very
fast (streak of light) and then just disappearing. Just some more of my
thoughts that probably never be proven,but I like thinking about anyway
Bert

As one falls into a black hole, objects falling behind you appear to
be accelerating away from you, because you are accelerating faster
than they are. Objects falling in ahead of you also appear to be
accelerating away from you, because they are accelerating faster that
you are.

Somewhere I read (though I can't find the quote right now) that
Hawking and Penrose agreed that whenever you see everything around you
accelerating away from you, that means there must be a singularity
nearby.

Now consider our universe. Do we not see everything accelerating away
from us? Does that mean that there is a black hole nearby sucking our
whole universe into it, so the universe only looks to us as though it
is expanding, but is really falling into a super-super-massive black
hole?

Double-A

Interesting thoughts, AA... since we are fairly certain of the
Milky Way's present direction, which is toward the center of
the Virgo Supercluster that our Local Cluster calls home, then
it would follow that there is a SSMBH at the center of this
supercluster.

One consideration might be that there are a few galaxies in our
Local Cluster which exhibit a blue shift, and there are even
some farther away in other parts of the Virgo Supercluster that
are believed to shift blue. So this might put the direct dynamics
of a black hole you describe into a different light when objects
are closer together while falling toward the center.

Perhaps there are "epicycles"? g

happy days and
starry starry nights

Think BIG, Paine.

Local galaxies could still have various relative motions if we are
still far from the center of the black hole that the universe is
falling into. We see the effect only when we look at the universe as
a whole, and compare velocities at very long distances.

Double-A - Theorist.

--
You make me happy!-
When I'm not with you,

Couldn't she take this the wrong way? Ha ha!

Double-A - Poetry Critic.

I often look forward to
When I can be with you.
This, friend 'n lover true,
This! makes me happy.

Paine Ellsworth

Think about life's meaning, filled with so much pain,
But you have brought the laughter in the rain.
Walk with me forever. Life's a sunny day,
When I can walk beside you all the way.

Double-A - Poet Emeritus.
Old August 31st 04, 08:02 PM
Painius

"Double-A" wrote in message...
m...

"Painius" wrote in message...

[...]

Yes, and it may also follow that there are more than one of
these super-super-massive black holes as possibly evidenced
by there being a good many galaxy superclusters out there.
Can the potential masses of these be calculated to see if they
might come anywhere near the value of the "missing mass" we
hear so much about?

And thinking even BIGGER, maybe all these superclusters
are also heading into an ultra-super-massive black hole?

You make me happy!-
When I'm not with you,

Couldn't she take this the wrong way? Ha ha!

Double-A - Poetry Critic.

g and they say that punctuation isn't vital.

Think about life's meaning, filled with so much pain,
But you have brought the laughter in the rain.
Walk with me forever. Life's a sunny day,
When I can walk beside you all the way.

Double-A - Poet Emeritus.

Lovin' it!

--
Space so scary, quite contrary,
How does your nothing grow?

Paine Ellsworth

Old August 31st 04, 08:44 PM
Painius

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote...
in message ...

What if Newton had one thought that was weirder than all of Einstein's
thoughts put together? That being that the force of gravity acted
instantaneously over any distance. Einstein changed that to light speed.
Come to think of it Einstein took the force away from gravity
altogether. Seems Einstein never mentioned "action at a distance"(I
can't recall,Can you?) He used spacetime curvature as "gravity" (yes)
Can I say "gravity is the curved geometry of space time caused by the
mass inertia of objects,or energy??? tricky stuff Bert PS Had that
dog catching its own tail feeling again

I just had a thought that whatever else the Allais effect might
eventually prove...

http://www.economist.com/science/dis...ory_id=3104321

....it just might be hard evidence that gravity does *not* act
instantaneously over any distance. It appears to be a good
sign that its velocity is c, just like light.

Why? Well, because the effect begins precisely as the Moon
starts covering the Sun, and it ends at just the moment that
Sun totally reappears from behind the Moon. Since the Sun is
much farther away than the Moon, and the light from the Sun
takes about 8 minutes longer to reach us, then the actual
position of the Sun is about two Sun-diameters (one degree)
*ahead* of the position we see.

So if gravity acts instaneously, then the Allais effect would be
expected to take place *before* the eclipse, and while the
Moon is still a diameter's width away from the Sun, wouldn't it?

To be specific, if gravity is an instantaneous effect, then the
Earth would begin to show the Allais effect while the Moon is
still two diameters away from the Sun. The effect would
continue to about maximum or so when the Moon is exactly
one diameter from the Sun (at this point the Moon would be
directly over the "real" position of the Sun). Then, almost
precisely as the Moon touches the "visual" Sun, the Allais
effect would end.

Since this does not happen, and since the Allais effect precisely
follows the Moon's eclipsing of the "visual" Sun rather than the
"real" Sun, it follows that the Sun's gravitational effect gets to
Earth at the same time as its light gets to us. So the gravitational
velocity must be "c".

Old August 31st 04, 08:46 PM
Double-A

[...]

George Gamow was a great writer and scientist. His explanations of an
expanding universe coming out of a big bang are certainly what I think
of when the subject is discussed.

But if the universe has expanded from something small to something
large as Gamow said, then most certainly the universe should be closed
and have a curvature. But the problem is that science's most precise
observations to date indicate no curvature of the universe on the
largest scale.

Therefore, perhaps other theories should once again be considered.

Double-A
Old September 1st 04, 01:15 AM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:

(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote in message ...
hi Double-A With the strong gravity of a black hole it would make
spaghetti out of you as you fall in.

Double-A
Not until you got very close to the center.

nightbat

Ha, ha, ha, ha, stop cracking me up fella's, there are no
classical black holes, ha, ha, ha, ha. You haven't been listening, there
are only very strong gravity field depressions caused by the creation of
nightbat's " Black Comet ".

Bert
No molecules only atoms enter the
event horizon.

Double-A
For very large black holes, it is predicted that objects can cross the
event horizon with no physical disruption.

nightbat

Well, ha, ha, ha, how did they get theoretically sucked in if
their original galactic location wasn't disrupted? And ha, ha, ha guys,
classical black holes are a null real world premise.

Bert
it is not so very surprising that the universe is
expanding. The real mystery is its expanding at an accelerating rate.

Double-A
And this acceleration would be explained by my "falling into a black
hole" theory" because velocity and even acceleration would increase as
the gravitational gradient got more steep.

nightbat

Not possible Double-A because as previously nightbat stated,
classical mathematical infinite energy/mass into theoretical and
mathematical point zero volume black holes are null, and dead on
arrival. Falling into an extremely dense non static singularity
metamorphosed collapsed neutron star on the other hand is correct, and
as previously informed it's called a profound nightbat " Black Comet "
Look if Hawking's could finally get it then so can you boys. Didn't you
ever hear of the conservation laws?

Bert
That means it has to keep getting added energy. Since it is space that
is doing the inflating its speed can be greater than "c' This begs
the question. Expanding into what? Bert

Double-A
Or falling into what?

Double-A

nightbat

Come on, you have been told already the answer by nightbat
umpteen times, the present disturbed base field. The base field under
renormalization effect conserves unto itself all energy and mass no
matter its present particular individual dual states and disturbed
system non uniform present momentum.

the nightbat

Old September 1st 04, 03:13 AM
Odysseus

Painius wrote:

"Double-A" wrote in message...
m...

[snip]

Local galaxies could still have various relative motions if we are
still far from the center of the black hole that the universe is
falling into. We see the effect only when we look at the universe as
a whole, and compare velocities at very long distances.

Double-A - Theorist.

Yes, and it may also follow that there are more than one of
these super-super-massive black holes as possibly evidenced
by there being a good many galaxy superclusters out there.
Can the potential masses of these be calculated to see if they
might come anywhere near the value of the "missing mass" we
hear so much about?

AIUI the missing-mass problem to which "dark matter" is the proposed
solution pertains to individual galaxies, arising from discrepancies
seen in their rotational behaviour. In at least some cases, supposing
there to be a gigantic black hole at the centre doesn't fix the
theoretical model; instead the only arrangement that seems to agree
with observation has the missing mass distributed spheroidally,
perhaps similarly to the globular clusters belonging to our Galaxy.
Hence the last bit of the acronym for one suggested form of dark
matter, MACHOs: HO stands for "halo object". (I forget the first
part, although I think C is for "compact" and M is probably for
"massive". I'm too lazy to look it up, but it should be easy enough
to find.)

'AA', if the universe is falling into a black hole, why does it look
so isotopic? That is, why is there no indication as to which way is
'inward'? Wouldn't you would expect to see 'galaxy streams' of some
sort, with a large-scale organization or symmetry, rather than the
chaotically uniform (or uniformly chaotic, if you like) fractal froth
of "walls and voids" that emerges from the deep-sky survey data?

--
Odysseus
Old September 1st 04, 06:07 AM
Double-A

"Painius" wrote in message ...
[...]

It is known that the gravitational force vector affecting the Earth is
pointed at where the Sun really is, not where it appears to be. If
this were not true, the Earth would be spiraling away from the Sun.

If you consider gravitation to be caused by curved space, then the Sun
caused curvature through which the Earth is moving is relatively
stable, because the Sun doesn't move much in relation to the Earth.
It is the Earth that is moving through the Sun's gravitational field.
The field reflects the Sun's position 8 minutes ago, but again, it is
not the Sun moving much, but the Earth is moving through the
relatively fixed field.

If flowing space, aether, LeSage particles, or gravitons were moving
at only c, then there would be enough of a differential between the
force on the forward side of the Earth and the force on the trailing
side to cause the Earth to slow down.

Allais effect observations have been inconclusive. But if it really
is linked to the speed of light, then perhaps some effect such as
atmospheric cooling is the real cause of the effect.

Double-A