HLV Explosion July 1969

Old September 3rd 07, 01:06 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default HLV Explosion July 1969

robert casey wrote:

Had heard of a similar (or maybe it was this one) launch attempt where
the first stage didn't fire, and everyone went to see what the problem
was to try to fix it. But nobody remembered that the launch order had
set off a timer mechanism on the 2nd stage. And after the allotted
time, the 2nd stage thought it was time to fire up, and that did work.
Unfortunately it blew up the first stage fuel tanks, taking out the
pad and much of the people.

That's the Nedelin Disaster:
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/r16_disaster.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUuuWv2YXt4

Pat
Old September 3rd 07, 01:08 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Andy G wrote:
Can you download stuff from youtube?

Somebody had a way of doing it they described on the sci.space
newsgroups around a year ago, but it was pretty involved.

Pat
Old September 3rd 07, 06:48 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 19:08:32 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Somebody had a way of doing it they described on the sci.space
newsgroups around a year ago, but it was pretty involved.

....And I found it had ~10% success rate, too. There's a couple of
streamer capture programs out there that'll work. Use Google and see
what you can dig up, because I honestly can't recall the names of the
damn things right now, as my brain and body are recovering from last
night's "Thug Night" at one of the clubs I work at. Middle-aged
honkeys should *not* try to party with young rappa thugz, even if all
you're doing is taking pictures.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old September 5th 07, 09:02 PM posted to sci.space.history
Eric Chomko[_2_]

wrote:

Somebody had a way of doing it they described on the sci.space
newsgroups around a year ago, but it was pretty involved.

...And I found it had ~10% success rate, too. There's a couple of
streamer capture programs out there that'll work. Use Google and see
what you can dig up, because I honestly can't recall the names of the
damn things right now, as my brain and body are recovering from last
night's "Thug Night" at one of the clubs I work at. Middle-aged
honkeys should *not* try to party with young rappa thugz, even if all
you're doing is taking pictures.

You work at a club? Doing what? Bouncer? hahahaha

OM
--
] OMBlog -http://www.io.com/~o_m/omworld [