Star Travel ? - Never !

Old October 15th 20, 04:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Andrew W[_2_]

Default Star Travel ? - Never !

"palsing" wrote in message

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:44:07 PM UTC-7, Andrew W wrote:
"Whisper" wrote in message

On 12/10/2020 4:25 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
wrote on 12/10/2020 7:23 AM:
All should realize, that travel to any other star, even a close one,
will absolutely never happen. It all comes down to Distance = Speed x
Time . Do the simple math. Even at near light speed ( which is very
unlikely ), the times would still be prohibitive. This is why,
although intelligent space faring species likely abound throughout
the universe, we are never visited by any. Our fastest spacecraft is
slower than light by a factor of well over 30,000 . A one way trip to
our very nearest neighbor star would take about 140 millennia! Put in
perspective, only 2 millennia would take us back to the height of the
Roman empire, and 65,000 millennia would see the last of the
dinosaurs.

Gee Whiz!! How many times have I read this message or very similar
ones
here in this news group??

Have you ever heard of someone being "a one trick pony"?? I think this
is
very applicable to you!!

Sure, given our current levels of knowledge, it may seem impossible.
But
our knowledge is growing!

So get yourself cryogenicly frozen and come back in 500 years or so
and
see if inter-stellar travel is still impossible!!

But he's 100% right. It will never happen due to mind blowingly vast
distances.

I also agree life, even intelligent, is abundant throughout the
universe.
We haven't seen anyone yet for the same reasons - physical barriers are
insurmountable for living organisms like humans.

What about for ETs that don't have physical bodies?

Name one :)

Why? You won't know them.

Old October 16th 20, 11:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

=20So=20get=20yourself=20cryogenicly=20frozen=20a nd=20come=20back=

=20in=20500=20years=20or=20so=20and
=20see=20if=20inter-stellar=20travel=20is=20still=20impossible!!
=20--

I've=20presented=20a=20fundamental=20and=20sound=2 0reason=20why=20=
star=20travel=20could=20never=20be=20possible=20an d=20will=20absol=
utely=20never=20happen.=20Speeds=20far=20greater=2 0than=20light=20=
would=20be=20required=20and=20nobody=20in=20their= 20right=20mind=
=20would=20suppose=20that=20this=20could=20happen.

If=20it=20could=20then=20we'd=20be=20visited=20by= 20countless=20al=
iens=20who=20would=20have=20done=20it.=20We=20are= 20not=20!

Old October 17th 20, 12:05 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Correct. Plus mammals breaking these kind of physics laws would perish
instantly, we are not designed for it. The human mind is a wonderful
thing, but looks like many think anything you can conjure up is possible
lol. A man has to know his limitations : )

As usual, a refreshing and welcome sound of reason !

Old October 17th 20, 07:35 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_3_]

On 17/10/2020 3:24 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
wrote on 17/10/2020 10:05 AM:

Correct.Â* Plus mammals breaking these kind of physics laws would perish
instantly, we are not designed for it.Â* The human mind is a wonderful
thing, but looks like many think anything you can conjure up is possible
lol.Â* A man has to know his limitations : )

As usual, a refreshing and welcome sound of reason !

What?? Just because Whisper agrees with your opinion, it's a (cough,
cough!!) "refreshing and welcome sound of reason" (cough, cough!!)??

Sure it is!! Just ask those who used to have to walk out in front of
those (then) new fangled motor cars thingees holding lamps!!

Motor cars are a means of transport on our planet. They are great, but
nothing mind blowing.

Traveling to other stars is impossible for mammals.

Steve Hawking said even he had days when he couldn't comprehend the
vastness of just our galaxy - truly blew his mind. To give you an idea
place a coin in the middle of USA. That coin is our solar system out to
Pluto, & the whole of USA is our Milky Way galaxy. Think about those
scales for a while - let them truly sink in. How many coins can fit in
USA? That's the number of stars. Then we have zillions of similar
galaxies out there.

Old October 17th 20, 09:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel65

wrote on 17/10/2020 10:05 AM:

Correct.Â* Plus mammals breaking these kind of physics laws would perish
instantly, we are not designed for it.Â* The human mind is a wonderful
thing, but looks like many think anything you can conjure up is
possible
lol.Â* A man has to know his limitations : )

As usual, a refreshing and welcome sound of reason !

What?? Just because Whisper agrees with your opinion, it's a (cough,
cough!!) "refreshing and welcome sound of reason" (cough, cough!!)??

Sure it is!! Just ask those who used to have to walk out in front of
those (then) new fangled motor cars thingees holding lamps!!

Motor cars are a means of transport on our planet.Â* They are great, but
nothing mind blowing.

Traveling to other stars is impossible for mammals.

Steve Hawking said even he had days when he couldn't comprehend the
vastness of just our galaxy - truly blew his mind.Â* To give you an idea
place a coin in the middle of USA.Â* That coin is our solar system out to
Pluto, & the whole of USA is our Milky Way galaxy.Â* Think about those
scales for a while - let them truly sink in.Â* How many coins can fit in
USA?Â* That's the number of stars.Â* Then we have zillions of similar
galaxies out there.

Umm!! How big is the USA?? Who gives a S&%#!!

Just because it is "impossible" now does not mean it will be
"impossible" in 500 years!!
--
Daniel
Old October 17th 20, 10:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Whisper[_3_]

wrote on 17/10/2020 10:05 AM:

[...]

It's a tangible example of how big our galaxy is. I bet you completely
missed the point. Take a coin out of your wallet & drop it on the
ground. The outer edge of that coin is the orbit of pluto, middle of
coin is where our sun is. Now the Milky Way is the whole ****ing USA.
Do you understand?

Just because it is "impossible" now does not mean it will be
"impossible" in 500 years!!

Some things are actually impossible. I can't comprehend why you think
everything is possible?

You're not a deep logical thinker obviously. Prob watch too many
cartoons, drink coke & play xbox all day.