NASA Chief Retiree's "Save the Houston Control Room" Program

Old August 11th 17, 03:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default NASA Chief Retiree's "Save the Houston Control Room" Program

On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 11:04:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Does anybody know of how to volunteer with the systems analysis?

Is there a like program for the Kennedy Space Center launch
control room?

I guess the first order of the project would be to turn on
the stations and see if the computers still work. Maybe there
is a "monitor mode" that reports a valid turn on state of the computer?
Or maybe the term is "standby mode".

I remember going to a talk on NASA rules of system design. A
hideous rigor of design documentation. I worry about even
finding all the design documentation for the control room.

Any ways, a standard simulator is noting other than x inputs
and x outputs. But variable electric circuit interfaces appears
an issue. A simple leveling circuit is not that hard to design
for each station.

In reality the system design for scenario input to each simulator
is the hard part. The abstract spacecraft would contain each and
every variable of state. Sensor state is distinct from navigational
state. How is a navigational report generated? I guess just use a
simulator to report navigation? Here I am very ignorant so I can
not speak to the subject any longer.