Police Shoot Boy to Save Him!

Old September 18th 06, 10:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Default Police Shoot Boy to Save Him!

Local Sheriiff's Deputies shot and killed a young man Saturday because
he was holding a 3-inch knife to his throat and threatening suicide.
Police were responding to a call from the young man's father. They
said he wouldn't respond to commands (people aren't dogs). When he
wouldn't drop the knife, they shot him with beanbags. When he still
wouldn't drop the knife, the deputies opened fire, killing him,
claiming they were feeling threatened by that 3-inch knife. One report
said they shot him in the back. They had Tasers at their disposal.

Well, at least they stopped a suicide!

See a sanitized version at

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stori....16bcf5e7.html

But it's an ongoing story and more is coming out all the time.

Double-A

Old September 18th 06, 12:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A Its so sickening when you hear these kinds of police actions.
our sheriff Bob Hansel sees to it white collar crimes in Osceola county
can take place with his blessings. Bert

Old September 18th 06, 02:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Double-A Its so sickening when you hear these kinds of police actions.
our sheriff Bob Hansel sees to it white collar crimes in Osceola county
can take place with his blessings. Bert

Yeah, this guy wasn't even a criminal. But the police with all their
firepower felt threatened his little knife. I remember some years back
when two police officers here locally shot and killed a little old lady
holding a knife in a grocery store. If I had a big police baton in one
hand, and a can of mace in the other, I can't imagine how I could feel
threatened by a little old lady with a knife! Tonight the police here
were instructed to move a struggling prisoner to a hospital. No one
knows what went on in the back of that squad car, but when they arrived
at the hospital, he was dead. A few years ago the police here actually
shot a patient in a mental hospital. This kind of thing happens too
often. I've heard that some cities have adopted a sanctity of life
policy, where they don't shoot first and then think about it later. I
think there's still a little too much of the Wild West in this part of
the country. Just because the six-gun seemed to be the answer to every
problem in nineteenth century, doesn't mean it should be thought of
such today.

Double-A