A castigation of Napoleon Bonehead Green, Doctor of Phrenology, American Redneck of Science.

Old August 2nd 10, 01:03 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Androcles[_32_]

Default A castigation of Napoleon Bonehead Green, Doctor of Phrenology, American Redneck of Science.

I charged Napoleon Bonehead Green of lying, of having no integrity, of gross
incompetence.
Bonehead elected to represent himself. He has a fool for a lawyer.
These charges are now proven.

The story begins with the simple mathematical proof of the Einstein
expansion.

"Let there be given a stationary rigid rod; and let its length be L as
measured by a measuring-rod which is also stationary. We now imagine the
axis of the rod lying along the axis of x of the stationary system of
co-ordinates, and that a uniform motion of parallel translation with
velocity v along the axis of x in the direction of increasing x is then
imparted to the rod. We now inquire as to the length of the moving rod" --
Einstein.
REPEAT:
"We now inquire as to the length of the moving rod"

Let us in ``stationary'' space take two systems of co-ordinates, i.e. two
systems, each of three rigid material lines, perpendicular to one another,
and issuing from a point. Let the axes of X of the two systems coincide, and
their axes of Y and Z respectively be parallel. Let each system be provided
with a rigid measuring-rod and a number of clocks, and let the two
measuring-rods, and likewise all the clocks of the two systems, be in all
respects alike.

Now to the origin of one of the two systems (k) let a constant velocity v be
imparted in the direction of the increasing x of the other stationary system
(K), and let this velocity be communicated to the axes of the co-ordinates,
the relevant measuring-rod, and the clocks. To any time of the stationary
system K there then will correspond a definite position of the axes of the
moving system, and from reasons of symmetry we are entitled to assume that
the motion of k may be such that the axes of the moving system are at the
time t (this ``t'' always denotes a time of the stationary system) parallel
to the axes of the stationary system.

We now imagine space to be measured from the stationary system K by means of
the stationary measuring-rod, and also from the moving system k by means of
the measuring-rod moving with it; and that we thus obtain the co-ordinates
x, y, z, and xi, eta, zeta respectively. Further, let the time t of the
stationary system be determined for all points thereof at which there are
clocks by means of light signals in the manner indicated in § 1; similarly
let the time tau of the moving system be determined for all points of the
moving system at which there are clocks at rest relatively to that system by
applying the method, given in § 1, of light signals between the points at
which the latter clocks are located.

To any system of values x, y, z, t, which completely defines the place and
time of an event in the stationary system, there belongs a system of values
xi, eta, zeta, tau determining that event relatively to the system k, and
our task is now to find the system of equations connecting these
quantities." -- Einstein.

Let the end points of the stationary rod of length L be A and B. Hence L =
B-A.
"If we place x'=x-vt, it is clear that a point at rest in the system k must
have a system of values x', y, z, independent of time. " -- Einstein.

The end points of the moving rod are then A-vt and B-vt.
Hence
L' = (B-vt) - (A-vt)
= A-vt - B+vt
= B-A
= L
The length of the moving rod, L', is identical to the length of the
stationary rod, L.
QED.

Bonehead disputes this analysis and yet makes the following apology:

"I had thought that the Einstein Expansion, proclaimed by Androcles in
sci.physics.relativity, was an error of confusing frames of
reference. But I was wrong."
--
ref

Bonehead accepts that (x'-0') = L' is less than (xi - O) yet insists (xi -
O) = L'.
He is a liar, incompetent at mathematics, and doesn't have the integrity to
admit
he is wrong. He displays sour grapes in defeat and runs away with his tail
between his legs.
I do not rest my case, I'll take on any dumb**** like
Napoleon Bonehead Green, Doctor of Phrenology, American Redneck of Science.

Old August 2nd 10, 01:49 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Thomas Heger[_4_]

Androcles schrieb:
I charged Napoleon Bonehead Green of lying, of having no integrity, of gross
incompetence.
Bonehead elected to represent himself. He has a fool for a lawyer.
These charges are now proven.

The story begins with the simple mathematical proof of the Einstein
expansion.

"Let there be given a stationary rigid rod; and let its length be L as
measured by a measuring-rod which is also stationary. We now imagine the
axis of the rod lying along the axis of x of the stationary system of
co-ordinates, and that a uniform motion of parallel translation with
velocity v along the axis of x in the direction of increasing x is then
imparted to the rod. We now inquire as to the length of the moving rod" --

Imagine a long rod and glue a number of identical clocks on it, every
-say- 10 meters.
Now these long rod is held perpendicular to sight and all clocks get
synchronized. Now we look along that rod (without moving it, but by
moving ourself), the clocks seem to run out of synchronization. That is
a purely visual effect, due to the limited speed of light. Now we move
away from the clocks along the rod. Once we reach the speed of light,
the clocks stand still and vanish in a black hole.

TH
Old August 2nd 10, 03:22 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Daryl McCullough

Default A castigation of Napoleon Bonehead Green, Doctor of Phrenology,

I hope Uncle Ben learns a lesson from this: trying to have a discussion
with Androcles about physics is like trying to befriend a rabid dog. If
you see foam around the mouth, don't give it a pat on the head!

--
Daryl McCullough
Ithaca, NY

Old August 2nd 10, 05:54 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Uncle Ben

On Aug 1, 8:03*pm, "Androcles" wrote:
[...]

Yeah, yeah

We now imagine space to be measured from the stationary system K by means of
the stationary measuring-rod, and also from the moving system k by means of
the measuring-rod moving with it; and that we thus obtain the co-ordinates
x, y, z, and xi, eta, zeta respectively. Further, let the time t of the
stationary system be determined for all points thereof at which there are
clocks by means of light signals in the manner indicated in § 1; similarly
let the time tau of the moving system be determined for all points of the
moving system at which there are clocks at rest relatively to that system by
applying the method, given in § 1, of light signals between the points at
which the latter clocks are located.

Ho-hum. Get on with it.

To any system of values x, y, z, t, which completely defines the place and
time of an event in the stationary system, there belongs a system of values
xi, eta, zeta, tau determining that event relatively to the system k, and
our task is now to find the system of equations connecting these
quantities." -- Einstein.

Let the end points of the stationary rod of length L be A and B. Hence L =
B-A.
"If we place x'=x-vt, it is clear that a point at rest in the system k must
have a system of values x', y, z, independent of time. " -- Einstein.

The end points of the moving rod are then A-vt and B-vt.

Not so. Not only are these points going the wrong way, the use of A
and B begs the question at issue. It assumes that the length w.r.t. K
is the same as w.r.t. k.

The end points of the rod w.r.t. k are 0 and L
The end points of the rod w.r.t. K are vt and vt + x', where x' is to
be discovered bt LT.

The rest is gibberish...

Hence
L' = (B-vt) - (A-vt)
* * = A-vt - B+vt
* * = B-A
* * = L
The length of the moving rod, L', is identical to the length of the
stationary rod, L.
QED.

Bonehead disputes this analysis and yet makes the following apology:

"I had thought that the Einstein Expansion, proclaimed by Androcles in
sci.physics.relativity, was an error of confusing frames of
reference. *But I was wrong."

Correct. I was wrong. The error Androcles made was a different one.

--
ref

Bonehead accepts that (x'-0') = L' is less than (xi - O) yet insists *(xi -
O) = L'.

No, xi = proper length L.
x' = contracted length L/gamma

He is a liar, incompetent at mathematics, and doesn't have the integrity to
admit
he is wrong. He displays sour grapes in defeat and runs away with his tail
between his legs.
I do not rest my case, I'll take on any dumb**** like
Napoleon Bonehead Green, Doctor of Phrenology, American Redneck of Science.

Androcles has lost his marbles.

But, dear Androcles, don't worry about it. You know how much I love
you. And I pray for you every night. Just take your thorazine and
call me sometime. XXX

Uncle Ben

Old August 2nd 10, 03:06 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
ben6993

On Aug 2, 12:28*pm, Uncle Ben wrote:
On Aug 2, 4:29*am, waldofj wrote:

On Aug 2, 2:07*am, "Androcles" wrote:

"Uncle Ben" wrote in message

[...]

Ho-hum. *Get on with it.

Old August 3rd 10, 07:38 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
eric gisse

Uncle Ben wrote:
[...]

This is what talking to the Androcles gets you...
Old August 3rd 10, 09:36 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Darwin123

On Aug 2, 11:01*am, Uncle Ben wrote:
On Aug 2, 8:52*am, "Androcles" wrote:

"Uncle Ben" wrote in message

John, honey, you must not be taking your thorazine. *I hope your nurse
catches that and makes you tke. *That may bring you back closer to
samity.

Maybe the nurses over medicated Androcles. Maybe they didn't
use thorazine. Sometimes people talk like Androcles after they have
taken too much insulin.