Progress-Soyuz and ISS numbers

Old December 26th 05, 05:32 PM posted to sci.space.station

Default Progress-Soyuz and ISS numbers

Hi everybody and merry christmas.

I read in the BIS that the agreements signed with American by Russian had
scheduled launching 11 Soyuz and 11 Progress for ISS.
Today, we have 11 Soyuz, but 20 Progress. Why Did Russian launched 9 other
Progress ?

--
Cordialement,

Didier Capdevila
webmaster de capcomespace.net,
le site de l'espace.
Rédacteur à Espace Magazine,
le magazine de la conquête de l'espace

Old December 26th 05, 06:42 PM posted to sci.space.station

"capcom" capcomavirerchez@mamnadoopointfr wrote in
:

Hi everybody and merry christmas.

I read in the BIS that the agreements signed with American by Russian
had scheduled launching 11 Soyuz and 11 Progress for ISS.
Today, we have 11 Soyuz, but 20 Progress. Why Did Russian launched 9
other Progress ?

Most likely the BIS report was wrong about the number of Progresses.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old December 27th 05, 06:11 PM posted to sci.space.station

Jorge R. Frank wrote:
"capcom" capcomavirerchez@mamnadoopointfr wrote in
:

Hi everybody and merry christmas.

I read in the BIS that the agreements signed with American by
Russian had scheduled launching 11 Soyuz and 11 Progress for ISS.
Today, we have 11 Soyuz, but 20 Progress. Why Did Russian launched 9
other Progress ?

Most likely the BIS report was wrong about the number of Progresses.

How many Progress had sheduled for ISS in 1996 contrat ?
Initial Progress to ISS was M1 version, but delay in hardware assigned the
first Porgress M1 to MIR.
Now are more Progress M than Progress M1 inflight to ISS. Why this ?
Progress M1 send 200 kg more than Progress M on orbit.

Old December 27th 05, 06:23 PM posted to sci.space.station

Jorge R. Frank wrote:
"capcom" capcomavirerchez@mamnadoopointfr wrote in
:

Hi everybody and merry christmas.

I read in the BIS that the agreements signed with American by
Russian had scheduled launching 11 Soyuz and 11 Progress for ISS.
Today, we have 11 Soyuz, but 20 Progress. Why Did Russian launched 9
other Progress ?

Most likely the BIS report was wrong about the number of Progresses.

How many Progress had sheduled for ISS in 1996 contrat ?

Originally six per year, I think. Then the Russians negotiated it down to
four. The US took up the slack with the shuttle until the accident - at no
charge to Russia, I might add.

Initial Progress to ISS was M1 version, but delay in hardware assigned
the first Porgress M1 to MIR.
Now are more Progress M than Progress M1 inflight to ISS. Why this ?
Progress M1 send 200 kg more than Progress M on orbit.

Progress M is designed to supply the station by itself, so it carries a
balanced cargo load of dry cargo, propellant, and gases. Progress M1 is
intended to complement the shuttle. It has more room for things that only
Progress can carry (like propellant) and less room for things that the
shuttle can carry (like dry cargo). After the accident, Progress became the
sole means of resupply, so Russia went back to the Progress M in order to
carry a more balanced cargo load. I expect that once the shuttle starts
flying again, Russia will return to the M1 until 2010, when the shuttle
fleet is retired.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old December 27th 05, 06:59 PM posted to sci.space.station

Jorge R. Frank wrote:
[...]

Thank for the infos