Hubble Harvests Distant Solar System Objects

Old September 16th 10, 11:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

Default Hubble Harvests Distant Solar System Objects

"Painius" wrote in message
g.com...

I agree that the Oort is probably older than the Sun. If we see
T0 (tee zero) as the moment the hydrogen cloud began to
condense due to gravity, and then see T1 as the moment the
compressed protoSun began to fuse at its center and to become
a true star, then...

T1 - T0 = the age of the Oort cloud

Seems to me very likely that the condensing hydrogen cloud left
behind some wispy materials that eventually became the Oort
cloud. I say this because while short-term comets pretty much
keep to the same inclinations (off the ecliptic) as the Kuiper belt
objects, the long-term comets can come from just about any
direction. The Oort cloud appears to surround the Solar system
in sphere-like fashion.

Maybe the Oort clous is a mirage.

Old September 17th 10, 05:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

My dearest Harlow,

"HVAC" wrote...
in message ...
"Painius" wrote in message
g.com...

I agree that the Oort is probably older than the Sun. If we see
T0 (tee zero) as the moment the hydrogen cloud began to
condense due to gravity, and then see T1 as the moment the
compressed protoSun began to fuse at its center and to become
a true star, then...

T1 - T0 = the age of the Oort cloud

Seems to me very likely that the condensing hydrogen cloud left
behind some wispy materials that eventually became the Oort
cloud. I say this because while short-term comets pretty much
keep to the same inclinations (off the ecliptic) as the Kuiper belt
objects, the long-term comets can come from just about any
direction. The Oort cloud appears to surround the Solar system
in sphere-like fashion.

Maybe the Oort clous is a mirage.

Mirages don't throw comets at stars. Tell me, Harlow,
what do those faraway redshifts throw at us? (Besides
the illusion of the Universe's expansion?)

Happy days *and*...
Starry, starry nights !

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S. "Learning never exhausts the mind."
Leonardo da Vinci

P.P.S.: http://astronomy.painellsworth.net !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Paine_Ellsworth !

Old September 18th 10, 10:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

"Painius" wrote in message
g.com...

Mirages don't throw comets at stars. Tell me, Harlow,
what do those faraway redshifts throw at us? (Besides
the illusion of the Universe's expansion?)

Red-shifted photons.

PS- Give it up dude...You only make yourself the
fool with your mirage statements.

--
We ARE Saucerheads! and proud of it! - Panus

Old September 18th 10, 07:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

My dearest Harlow,

"HVAC" wrote...
in message ...
"Painius" wrote in message
g.com...

Mirages don't throw comets at stars. Tell me, Harlow,
what do those faraway redshifts throw at us? (Besides
the illusion of the Universe's expansion?)

Red-shifted photons.

PS- Give it up dude...You only make yourself the
fool with your mirage statements.

You must not be much of a "skeptic", then, to accept the
idea of those red-shifted protons as automatically meaning
that the Universe is expanding -- without PROOF, without
EVIDENCE.

Where is the evidence that makes you feel so strongly that
the redshifts of those photons from so far away aren't just
an illusion? a "spatial mirage"?

Why do you accept ON FAITH that those redshifts mean
that space is expanding?

Happy days *and*...
Starry, starry nights !

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you
were to live forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Old September 18th 10, 11:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

"Painius" wrote in message
g.com...

Mirages don't throw comets at stars. Tell me, Harlow,
what do those faraway redshifts throw at us? (Besides
the illusion of the Universe's expansion?)

Red-shifted photons.

PS- Give it up dude...You only make yourself the
fool with your mirage statements.

You must not be much of a "skeptic", then, to accept the
idea of those red-shifted protons as automatically meaning
that the Universe is expanding -- without PROOF, without
EVIDENCE.

Where is the evidence that makes you feel so strongly that
the redshifts of those photons from so far away aren't just
an illusion? a "spatial mirage"?

Why do you accept ON FAITH that those redshifts mean
that space is expanding?

Once again the depth of your ignorance of physics is breathtaking.

The fact that you are incapable of grokking the truth that Hubble
revealed to us in no way diminishes it's reality.

That's not faith....It's scientific observation.

--
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains,
however improbable, must be the truth." -Holmes

Old September 19th 10, 06:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

My dearest Harlow,

"HVAC" wrote...
in message ...
"Painius" wrote in message
g.com...

[...]

I, too, once succumbed to the "If the great Hubble said it,
then it must be true" syndrome. Now, i question it. And
the fact that you are incapable of grokking the truth that i
am now revealing to you in no way diminishes its reality.

Scientific observation of mirages here on Earth has been
able to reveal many truths about them. Of course, all that
came AFTER Hubble blindly accepted that those redshifts
must be real. The color of your face will be shifted to red
about this someday, Harlow. Mark me words.

Happy days *and*...
Starry, starry nights !

Old September 28th 10, 12:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

My dearest Saul,

I *am* real as far as i can tell, and i do have some
relatively unusual ideas, but no, i'm not usually on
drugs. Drugs suk.

"Saul Levy" wrote in message...

You aren't REAL, Paine!

But YOU ARE WEIRD!

Are you on DRUGS?

Saul Levy

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 01:18:11 -0400, "Painius"
wrote:

I, too, once succumbed to the "If the great Hubble said it,
then it must be true" syndrome. Now, i question it. And
the fact that you are incapable of grokking the truth that i
am now revealing to you in no way diminishes its reality.

Scientific observation of mirages here on Earth has been
able to reveal many truths about them. Of course, all that
came AFTER Hubble blindly accepted that those redshifts
must be real. The color of your face will be shifted to red
about this someday, Harlow. Mark me words.

Happy days *and*...
Starry, starry nights !

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

PS. "The current best fit model which has an accelerating
expansion gives a maximum distance we can see of
47 billion light years." Ned Wright

Old September 28th 10, 12:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

wrote:

[...]

* * * * * * *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Paine_Ellsworth!- Hide quoted text -

Painius Don't let Saul bring you down. He has shown he has no ideas
"period" He only has a tiny brain and a big mouth proven by his
posts TreBert
Old September 28th 10, 12:51 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

wrote:

[...]

To see 47 billion LY out it would take a great quasar and gravity
lensing. I think 22 billion is the limit for radio photons,and a
receiver 10 miles across With advanced electron cupling TreBert
Old September 28th 10, 09:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

"bert" wrote in message
To see 47 billion LY out it would take a great quasar and gravity
lensing. I think 22 billion is the limit for radio photons,and a
receiver 10 miles across With advanced electron cupling TreBert

Wow. Your utter stupidity knows no bounds.

Were you mule-kicked in the head as a child?

--
Too Stupid to Understand Science? Try Religion