Apollo-11 missing syllable discovered

Old October 2nd 06, 07:53 PM posted to sci.space.history
Danny Dot[_1_]

Default Apollo-11 missing syllable discovered

"jonathan" wrote in message
. ..

"Jim Oberg" wrote in message
Apollo-11 missing syllable discovered

I still think he botched the line. For the simple reason his tone
and pace changed noticeably during the second part
of the phrase. As if he was distracted by the thought
...."did I just botch the first line"?

And his defensiveness afterward shows a consciousness
of guilt~

I agree. I think he botched the line and forgot to say "a". I agree his
tone and speach patern after the first line changed in a manner to indicate
he knew he had just botched it.

Danny Dot

Jonathan

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/space/4225505.html

Old October 3rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to sci.space.history
Rusty

Pat Flannery wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Didn't NASA record the missing "a" in a Nevada desert sound stage?

Actually, they had to re-dub all the Apollo 11 Moon conversations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIkHLO93lCA

Pat

If Canadians had been first on the moon....

"That's one small step for man, eh? One giant leap of mankind!".

The "a" (or "eh?") would have come at the end of the sentence.

;-)

Rusty

Old October 3rd 06, 12:52 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Rusty wrote:

If Canadians had been first on the moon....

"That's one small step for man, eh? One giant leap of mankind!".

The "a" (or "eh?") would have come at the end of the sentence.

"Aldrin, you hoser! You're not going to be first on the Moon!"
"I am too.... take the Molson Challenge!"
"No way, eh."
"Way, eh. Way. 'Beerhunter'!"
"You shook all of them up, eh! I'll get hosed!"
"You're already hosed, eh? Who's a civi? Who's a little civi pilot?
"I'm a great pilot.... I can fly anything, eh?"
"You can fly an ejection seat like nobody's business, you can do that,
eh?" :-)

Pat

Old October 3rd 06, 09:38 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan

"Jim Oberg" wrote in message
Apollo-11 missing syllable discovered

I still think he botched the line. For the simple reason his tone
and pace changed noticeably during the second part
of the phrase. As if he was distracted by the thought
....."did I just botch the first line"?

And his defensiveness afterward shows a consciousness
of guilt~

Jonathan

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/space/4225505.html

what was Apollo 1's mission to be? PowerPost2000 History 16 July 1st 06 03:16 PM
April 11, 1970: APOLLO 13 LAUNCHED TO MOON fgoodwin History 2 April 13th 06 08:40 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Misc 6 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ v4 Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 1 November 4th 03 11:52 PM