New fish

Old June 29th 06, 05:47 PM posted to sci.space.history

Default X-15 variants (was: New fish)

"neopeius" wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:
neopeius wrote:

Greetings, all. I was invited to join this group by Derek Lyons who
rather convincingly explained to me that the X-15b as proposed was a
non-starter.

Question on the week.. is the "X-15B" supposed to be the one with the
delta wings and the extended nozzle on the LR-99?

Yes, and 1-3 Navahos designed to throw it into a sub-orbital skip jaunt
around the world. Derek says it's un-possible.

The delta wing is the X-15A-3 [1], the X-15B [2] had the normal wing.

D.

[1] http://www.astronautix.com/craft/x15a3.htm
[2] http://www.astronautix.com/craft/x15b.htm
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old June 30th 06, 01:18 AM posted to sci.space.history

In article ,
Derek Lyons wrote:
The delta wing is the X-15A-3...

No, it was the "delta-wing X-15", or the "X-15-3 delta-wing conversion", a
rebuild of X-15-3 (the third X-15) to a delta wing. As best I can tell,
it seems to have never got far enough to have an official X designation.

The idea that it would be "X-15A-3" seems based on a misunderstanding of
what "X-15A-2" meant. (It was not "second version of the X-15A" but
"rebuild of X-15-2 to X-15A configuration".) Had it flown, "X-15B-3"
would be most likely, although it's hard to be sure.

the X-15B ... had the normal wing.

No, there never was an X-15B. There was an NAA *proposal* for an orbital
"X-15B" (really a new aircraft with the X-15 shape and some X-15 systems),
but it was never officially assigned that designation.
Old July 1st 06, 03:08 AM posted to sci.space.history

Default New fish

"neopeius" wrote in message
oups.com...

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:
Ok, the real question is, "Are you a turtle?"

The real question is, "Do you have a sweet ass?"

That's the first question asked of new arrivals in OM's killfile.

Old July 1st 06, 07:53 AM posted to sci.space.history

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:08:48 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

The real question is, "Do you have a sweet ass?"

That's the first question asked of new arrivals in OM's killfile.

....Actually, the Znkfbaf don't care about the taste, just as long as
it's tight.
OM
--
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [

Fossil Fish with Arms Found in the Arctic - Missing Link? Double-A Misc 0 April 6th 06 02:57 PM
Fish on Geysers Mark Earnest Misc 1 March 22nd 06 04:41 AM
moon on meridian high tide WGTN NZ (casio fish n tide watch.) Don McDonald Misc 1 January 21st 05 04:13 AM
Bad Fish for Good Double-A Misc 35 October 25th 04 06:54 PM
Mercury in Coal and Tuna Fish. gravity jones Astronomy Misc 4 February 5th 04 11:08 PM