HOW EINSTEINIANS CAN LEAVE THEIR SCHIZOPHRENIC WORLD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18th 09, 06:06 AM posted to sci.logic,alt.philosophy,sci.astro,sci.math
Pentcho Valev

Default HOW EINSTEINIANS CAN LEAVE THEIR SCHIZOPHRENIC WORLD

If the observer suddenly starts moving towards the light source, the
frequency of light increases (Doppler effect). This has a SIMPLE
IMPLICATION: the wavecrests are now bumping more frequently into the
observer, that is, THE SPEED OF LIGHT RELATIVE TO THE OBSERVER HAS
INCREASED. "But this is fatal for Divine Albert's Divine Theory" - say
to themselves Einsteiniana's teachers and replace the SIMPLE
IMPLICATION with an IDIOTIC ONE:

http://www.pitt.edu/~jdnorton/teachi...ang/index.html
John Norton: "Here's a light wave and an observer. If the observer
were to hurry towards the source of the light, the observer would now
pass wavecrests more frequently than the resting observer. That would
mean that moving observer would find the frequency of the light to
have increased (AND CORRESPONDINGLY FOR THE WAVELENGTH - THE DISTANCE
BETWEEN CRESTS - TO HAVE DECREASED)."

If Einsteinians want to leave their schizophrenic world, they should
return to the SIMPLE IMPLICATION by realizing that the wavelength is
determined by the light source and cannot depend on the movements of
the observer.

By the way, John Baez, Einsteiniana's most famous teacher, has already
left Einsteiniana's schizophrenic world:

http://www.edge.org/q2008/q08_5.html
John Baez: "On the one hand we have the Standard Model, which tries to
explain all the forces except gravity, and takes quantum mechanics
into account. On the other hand we have General Relativity, which
tries to explain gravity, and does not take quantum mechanics into
account. Both theories seem to be more or less on the right track but
until we somehow fit them together, or completely discard one or both,
our picture of the world will be deeply schizophrenic.....I realized I
didn't have enough confidence in either theory to engage in these
heated debates. I also realized that there were other questions to
work on: questions where I could actually tell when I was on the right
track, questions where researchers cooperate more and fight less. So,
I eventually decided to quit working on quantum gravity."

Pentcho Valev