Black Holes, Dark Stars, and Garbage Cans

Old July 13th 06, 02:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.astro,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
DarkStar

Default Black Holes, Dark Stars, and Garbage Cans

I was just thinking how nice it would be to have a small
black hole in my kitchen so that i can use it as a garbage can
and save the $200 per year that i pay for trash service.
You just got to be careful not to put your fingers
near the hole when you throw things away.
Maybe those LHC people at CERN can create these
cheaply so we can all have one in our kitchens.

Old July 13th 06, 02:40 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.astro,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)[_1_]

Dear DarkStar:

"DarkStar" wrote in message
I was just thinking how nice it would be to have a small
black hole in my kitchen so that i can use it as a garbage can
and save the $200 per year that i pay for trash service.
You just got to be careful not to put your fingers
near the hole when you throw things away.
Maybe those LHC people at CERN can create these
cheaply so we can all have one in our kitchens.

A BH small enough to be undercounter, and safe enough to allow
you put your hand near, has the mass of a mountain or so. It
would be radiating Hawking radiation quite madly. Perhaps 1000
C. Could probably use it for cooking too.

David A. Smith

Old July 13th 06, 03:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.astro,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
DarkStar

Interesting, I sort of thought this black hole thingy
was the coldest thing in the universe because
nothing can escape it. Not matter or energy or anything ??

I think maybe its temperature is absolute negative.
Maybe -1000.

Whose this Hawking guy that thinks these strange ideas ??
He must be a Brit because only a Brit would say things like that.

But yes it would be nice to save money on a heat source too.

With an unlimited heat source you could do all kinds of nifty things.

Old July 13th 06, 03:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.astro,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

DarkStar wrote:
Interesting, I sort of thought this black hole thingy
was the coldest thing in the universe because
nothing can escape it. Not matter or energy or anything ??

I think maybe its temperature is absolute negative.
Maybe -1000.

Whose this Hawking guy that thinks these strange ideas ??
He must be a Brit because only a Brit would say things like that.

But yes it would be nice to save money on a heat source too.

With an unlimited heat source you could do all kinds of nifty things.

I think it they should have some verifiable evidence that the Hawking
radiation theory is correct before beginning spewing out black holes at
CERN. As on now, they have not one shred of experimental evidence
supporting that theory!

http://www.nature.com/news/2001/0110...1004-8_pf.html

But I can't save the world all by myself.

Double-A

Old July 13th 06, 03:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.astro,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Raving Loonie[_1_]

Double-A wrote:
DarkStar wrote:
[...]

Cough. Cough.

"Hawking: Leave Earth or die!
But not before you buy my new book...

Stephen Hawking has called for a new diaspora, telling a Hong Kong
press conference that humanity must leave Earth and colonise the rest
of the solar system if it is to avoid extinction.

The respected physicist warned of the increasing risk that some kind of
natural or man made disaster - such as global warming, or a nuclear war
- could destroy the Earth: "It is important for the human race to
spread out into space for the survival of the species," he said. ..."

See http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06...s_leave_earth/ for
full story.

Old July 13th 06, 04:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.astro,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:
DarkStar wrote:

[...]

Correct Commander that's what the profound Earth Science
Team is for, mutual world wide enlightened support. All real science
heroes stick together just like in the comics of hero fame the World
Justice League. Hawking sci fi is fine if you like it but alt.astronomy
Team Officers rely on observation, verified proofs, and repeatable
co-peer confirmations. Everything is on the table, no mind belittled for
their attempted profound inquisitive questioning insight including Mr.
Scott's or Odysseus's. We are a close net family of Nobel class deep
theory scientist's and researchers. And yes there are the Saul's and
lone sidewalk guy, including lay folks hungry for knowledge and answers,
but all and all we are the best and the world is beginning to know it.

ponder on,
the nightbat
Old July 13th 06, 04:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.astro,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Raving Loonie wrote:
Double-A wrote:
DarkStar wrote:
[...]

This should happen before commencing those dangerous expriments at
CERN.

Double-A

Old July 13th 06, 04:33 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.astro,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

Raving Loonie wrote:

Double-A wrote:

DarkStar wrote:

Interesting, I sort of thought this black hole thingy
was the coldest thing in the universe because
nothing can escape it. Not matter or energy or anything ??

I think maybe its temperature is absolute negative.
Maybe -1000.

Whose this Hawking guy that thinks these strange ideas ??
He must be a Brit because only a Brit would say things like that.

But yes it would be nice to save money on a heat source too.

With an unlimited heat source you could do all kinds of nifty things.

Commander Double-A

I think it they should have some verifiable evidence that the Hawking
radiation theory is correct before beginning spewing out black holes at
CERN. As on now, they have not one shred of experimental evidence
supporting that theory!

http://www.nature.com/news/2001/0110...1004-8_pf.html

But I can't save the world all by myself.

Double-A

Officer Raving Loonie
Cough. Cough.

"Hawking: Leave Earth or die!
But not before you buy my new book...

Stephen Hawking has called for a new diaspora, telling a Hong Kong
press conference that humanity must leave Earth and colonise the rest
of the solar system if it is to avoid extinction.

The respected physicist warned of the increasing risk that some kind of
natural or man made disaster - such as global warming, or a nuclear war
- could destroy the Earth: "It is important for the human race to
spread out into space for the survival of the species," he said. ..."

See http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06...s_leave_earth/ for
full story.

nightbat

Now that English physics chairman Hawing sci fi iterations has
collapsed all around him he is apparently trying to swing towards to the
world famous alt.astronomy profound Earth Science Team Member
iterations. Yes we are presently trapped on the blue marble but the
enlightened Team thankfully have made 1st initial contact with
extraterrestrial reported life, the Seans. I as Team Captain have
indicated one gifted visiting starship could mean the salvation of
mankind and all our knowledge. Yes mainstream scientist's are now taking
notice of just how far advanced thinking the Science Team Members all
are. A massive cross planetary trajectory long cycle comet body or large
nuclear disaster could threaten all civilization, that is correct, and
just what we serious posters and scientific researchers have been so
concerned about for years.

ponder on,
the nightbat
Old July 13th 06, 04:40 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.astro,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
DarkStar

I believe he is absolutely right.

But we must be careful about what comes from him.

I have seen a man die a slow death and
during the process he hallucinated terribly.

Some of Hawkings ideas might simply be the hallucinations
of a sick and dying man.

I am not saying that is true of him now but I know he
is terribly physically ill.

I think we are prisoners of this solar system and will
never leave it as living breathing human beings.

If we are to leave we will have to find a way to
send only our genetic material in a way that
can be turned into a human being at the end of a
million year trip.
Then that human or humans will have to be raised
and trained and nurtured to be able to carry on the mission.

I myself think the survival of man is irrelevant.

It is only important for us to live our short lives
and be happy till humans are no more.

We are little more then a kind of parasite infecting the Earth
sucking it dry of its natural resources.

Like all living things die so must humanity.

It is only some kind of sick dream to want to
infest the rest of the universe with that evil
intelligence called Humanity.

In death you are a true time/space traveler but when and where and if
you ever meet the right conditions to once again be you will
have no awareness of what you were in the past.

Possibly we will find a way to take the soul from a human with all
his knowledge and intelligence and direct only that disembodied soul
to do our bidding free of the current limitation inhibiting us from
leaving this solar system.

What is a soul but some strange aspect of the chemo-electric activities
cruising through the hardwiring that is our brains.

Whatever we do as we are now we will
never be able to reach for another star system.

The soul is a very interesting phenomena and I have
this sneaking suspicion a soul...you me anyone
can pop up elsewhere in the universe given
the right conditions after we die. So if you
really want to travel to the stars it is as
easy as dying. It is a terrible shame that all
our knowledge and memories and everything that
gives us our personality shall die permanently
along with the hardwiring that was our brains.
But our souls shall be installed and live on
as some other new form of life.

Has anyone investigated the soul phenomena as thoroughly
as we have investigated the rest of the Universe ?
I know the brain surgeons are fearful about
poking around in the part of the brain that seems
to give rise to the soul.
Some people think the soul might represent another dimension of some kind.
I think it is a phenomena relating to a complex
infinite looping program of some kind inside a given brain.
Death is simply whatever stops the looping program.
You might be able to install a switch to turn the soul on and off.
The soul is the ONLY IMPORTANT thing in the universe.
Without a soul nothing is able to think or reflect upon anything.

If you look at religion it first believes in many gods and
then it believes in one god then science seems to come along
and I think eventually Science will replace religion all together.
A sort of philosophical sequence of evolution.

If we go to the stars we need to do something radically different
and unheard of before.
Given what I now understand we are prisoners forever to this solar system.

Old July 13th 06, 04:58 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.sci.astro,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)[_1_]

Dear Dark Star:

"DarkStar" wrote in message
Interesting, I sort of thought this black hole thingy
was the coldest thing in the universe because
nothing can escape it. Not matter or energy or anything ??

I think maybe its temperature is absolute negative.
Maybe -1000.

http://casa.colorado.edu/~ajsh/hawk.html
... down to "Evaporation of a mini black hole". It is hotter than
I thought.

Whose this Hawking guy that thinks these strange
ideas ?? He must be a Brit because only a Brit
would say things like that.

http://www.hawking.org.uk/text/about/about.html
... he was from birth, a Brit.

But yes it would be nice to save money on a heat
source too.

With an unlimited heat source you could do all
kinds of nifty things.

If you get to the part that talks about what is radiated from the
BH as it gets smaller/hotter, you might not want to have one
within several light years...

I was thinking how nice it would be to get rid of radioactive
waste with one...

David A. Smith