June 1613

Old February 24th 09, 03:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.environment,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default June 1613

On 2/23/09 7:43 PM, in article
,
"Quadibloc" wrote:

On Feb 23, 5:01*pm, "
wrote:

* * *The evidence from Mars destroys the notion
* * *that humans are responsible for warming
* * *Earth. Mars has global warming, but without
* * *a greenhouse and without the participation of
* * *Martians.

Huh? Mars has an atmosphere of nearly pure carbon dioxide, but a very
thin one. Whatever that atmosphere does on Mars, whether there's a
greenhouse effect there or not, the participation of Earthlings has
indeed changed the level of carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere.

** Nonsense. You apparently could not grasp a
simple 14 word sentence or are you unwilling
to accept anything that disproves your AGW
alarmism.
You have no clue as to the vital role
of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. The
greater the population density including fauna
the greater our need for CO2.

** In real science the burden of proof is always
on the proposer, never on the sceptics. So far
I have not yet seen even one peer reviewed
article that supports alarmism. Cut the BS and
put up or shut up.

* Global warming is a myth and does not exist. On
* * *the other hand "Climate Change" is functioning
* * *as it has for 5 million years or more.

There's no controversy about that, even if some people feel that there
isn't enough carbon dioxide yet to make a significant difference in
the climate.

** The point that Dr Habibullo Abdussamatov
makes is that carbon dioxide and more
particularly anthropogenic CO2 has no
influence on climate, and he is right on the
money.

- -

Old February 24th 09, 10:56 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.environment,sci.astro.amateur
brad

On Feb 22, 2:36*pm, don findlay wrote:

"People who have their ducks in a row"? *Mmm, ... Some of them
actually role-play this 'rowing', hoping people will notice.... * (A
Rowing Duck - Plate Tectonics style, ..arguing the case for convection
from a geo*physical* point of view:-http://users.indigo.net.au/don/nonsense/rubber.html#rubber
Note the geo*logical* component.)

On your site? HA!

Or maybe PT's *"flat subduction" makes more sense?:-http://users.indigo..net.au/don/nonsense/flat.html
In this PT-model so-called 'convection' is *driven* by that flat slab
pulling the ridges apart and replacing the gap with intruded mantle.
Since the flat motion never returns the slab to the mantle,

200-300my time frame remember?

there is
inexorable pull-apart and commensurate gap-filling at the ridges,
causing mass depletion of the mantle. *The resulting humungously
enlarging Earth becomes ever more hollow, and reverberates through the
solar system as the iron core rattles about like a pea in a whistle -
until the Earth runs out of mantle and flat subduction stops.

What is this? Not even you believe anyone thinks this!

Likewise just about every point of Plate Tectonics fails in its
logic:-http://users.indigo.net.au/don/nonsense/subcrux.html

But, your logic is infallable, right?

"Measurements". *Measurements really mean nothing as far as negating
expansion goes. *The crust detaches on the Moho, *and the lithosphere
detaches on the asthenosphere, The whole (geological) global
architecture of crustal deformation reflects spin.

Bull!

*It's this crustal
detachment ('lag') effect due to spin that 'measurements' reflect, but
the importance of spin is ignored in PT because the consensus position
is convection.

What is the strength of EM? How many orders of magnitude greater than
G?

*It would be a very brave career-er who would try to
argue a case for the Earth spinning.

Bull**** logic promulgated to enhance your argument.

*However on the positive side it
is one of these urban 'memes' that needs no proof for everyone to pick
it up, but only those who have not thought it through would do so,
because the other side of that coin is global expansion. *A real Catch
22, that one.

A fatal flaw, I'd say, in your argument.

As far as the vertical (expansion) component of measurement is
concerned the geological evidence for this is that it happens
periodically

But, not by EE!

- as evidenced by the successive phases of uplift and
erosion - with a periodicity of quiescence very likely on a scale that
spans the entirety of human existence. *Forget what's happened in the
last two decades. *It's irrelevant. *Besides, how long should we be
prepared to wait before being sure that any perceived possible
enlargement is not going to stop (given the quiescence just mentioned)
- or even reverse itself for some reason? I'd put my money on the
200-300myears of *geological* record any day, against any two or three
decades - or even a thousand years of *geophysical* *'measurements'.

The real reason you're bitter?

Nope. *There are satellites up there and we're getting a picture of
the Earth that's unprecedented. *Time to put away the pots and pans
and convection of yesteryear and recognise that the Earth is, indeed,
spinning.http://users.indigo.net.au/don/tck/dogli.html
..and that it relates to the geology in a big way.

Consensus science spells failure.http://users.indigo.net.au/don/nonse...html#consensus

Moronic website, toxic to science.

Brad
Old March 2nd 09, 12:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.environment,sci.astro.amateur
don findlay

brad wrote:

[...]

Brads yet

Now look-ee here, young Brad. Your father has charged me with your
safety. Do not question the wisdom of ObiWan. Your true task lies
ahead. Princess Leia swoons a-top yon mountain of glass and awaits
her Heathcliff, ..meaning probably you. So concentrate on vanquishing
the Dark Lord - or cop a skelp round the lughhole and a boot up the
arse. Ok? Now, ...**** off and attend your mission.
Old March 2nd 09, 05:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.environment,sci.astro.amateur
brad

On Mar 2, 7:20*am, don findlay wrote:
brad wrote:
[...]

arse. *Ok? *Now, ...**** off and attend your mission.- Hide quoted text -

Oh, thank god, you're back! There's some idiot masquerading as you!
He's
claiming PT will extrude the entire mantle and leave the core to
rattle around
the space where the mantle used to be! Claims he's you! Using your web
address!

I knew you'd be upset when you got back and found out you had to
defend
those moronic statements.

"Huh? What's that? Don't try to tell me;.... that was the antipodean
light? I refuse to
believe the 'Great Findlay' would say that.Now listen Turcaud, he
didn't mention
glaciation at all."

"I know he reminds you of your Mother-in-law, but, don't attribute
lunacy to him
just because he shaves his legs. Maybe that's the only way his socks
will fit."

Old March 2nd 09, 10:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.geo.geology,sci.environment,sci.astro.amateur
don findlay

brad wrote:
[...]

Why are you introducing shaved legs? This seems to me red herrings.
Is it just socks? Or is distance and time an issue? Prohibited
substances (speed) maybe?

Puzzled.

June 1613 O...K Amateur Astronomy 83 March 3rd 09 12:46 AM
ASTRO: IC 1613 another dwarf galaxy Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 8 January 5th 08 05:44 PM
Arianespace: Next launch scheduled for the night of Friday,June 24 to Saturday, June 25, 2005 Jacques van Oene News 0 June 1st 05 10:17 PM
Radio Meteor Obs. Bull. June 2004 June Bootids Chris Steyaert Amateur Astronomy 0 July 10th 04 12:47 PM
Surprise Meteor Shower Possible June 22-23 and June 26-27 Don Kelloway Misc 0 June 20th 04 05:42 AM