Do trolls have a right to troll? Of course they do....sheez!

Old February 12th 09, 09:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default Do trolls have a right to troll? Of course they do....sheez!

On Feb 11, 10:06*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 11, 6:30 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:

But in all seriousness, give me a system, and let me show you
*how 'love' will redefine the problem and define the best
possible solution.

A shark is eating you.

A Jihadi has you on your hands and knees, wearing a gag. He's wearing
a mask and reading off of a prepared script into a *videocamera. You
don't know what he's saying, but he sounds unhappy. He has a large
knife, and is approaching your throat.

A rabid pitbull is tearing your child's face off.

A thug whacked out on PCP is whacking away at someone with a machete.

A 500-meter asteroid is heading towards your city. It'll be there in 6
hours. Sadly, Jihadis have just blown up all thr bridges and tunnels
out of your city, stranding five million people.

And your reaction to these "memories" will let us determine if you are a
replicant or not. ;-)

Pat

Blade Runner - great movie! one of my all-time favs.

There's a Nexus-6 over at the Tyrell corporation, go put the machine
on it.

And if the machine doesn't work?

* * * *
Is that a real owl?

Of course not!

Is this to be an empathy test? Dilation of the iris? Involuntary
capillary response?

Its called Voight-Komp for short.

Try it on her.

Why?

I want you to provide me with a negative, before I give you a
positive.

What's that going to prove?

Indulge me.

* * * *

You husband comes across a full page nude photo of a woman... he likes
it so much he hangs it on the wall...

Is this testing whether I'm a Replicant or a Lesbian Mr. Deckard?

Just answer the question!

I wouldn't let him.

Why not?

I should be enough for him.

* * * *

The entree' consists of boiled dog...

silence

That will be all Rachel.

I'm impressed - how many questions does it usually take?

I don't get it Tyrell

How many questions?

10, 20 cross referenced.

It took more than 100 for Rachel.

How can it not know what it is?

More human than human is our motto. If we gift them with a past, we
create a cushion for their emotions and thus can control them better.

Memories, you're talking about memories!

* * * *

You're a goddamned killing machine, drink one for me hey pal. Only
four more to go!

Three, there are only three to go!

No, there's another. That skin job you VK'd at the Tyrell
Corporation? Is loose. Didn't know it was a Replicant according to
Tyrell. Something to do with implants he says.

Great movie - one of the best.