New Teachers

Old July 27th 07, 03:03 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default New Teachers

I am a new teacher and I really enjoy teaching about space. What are
some kid friendly sites that I could visit to keep my students up to
date with things happening in space? Thanks Wendy

Old July 27th 07, 03:11 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Jul 26, 9:03 pm, wrote:
I am a new teacher and I really enjoy teaching about space. What are
some kid friendly sites that I could visit to keep my students up to
date with things happening in space? Thanks Wendy

Thank you very much

Old July 27th 07, 04:10 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am a new teacher and I really enjoy teaching about space. What are
some kid friendly sites that I could visit to keep my students up to
date with things happening in space? Thanks Wendy

Go to the NASA home page at http://www.nasa.gov/ and in the upper left hand
corner, click on "For Educators" for you or "For Students" for the kids.

It's obviously biased, since it's all NASA, but it's a good place to start.

There are lots of other sites out there which you can find by doing a Google
search on:

nasa teacher resources

It seems that many of the NASA centers, and places like JPL, have their own
education web sites.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)

Old July 28th 07, 06:43 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dr J R Stockton[_1_]

In sci.space.history message
roups.com, Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:03:21, posted:

http://www.esa.int/
http://www.arianespace.com/
http://www.starsem.com/
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/calendar/
http://www.spacex.com/

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;
Old July 30th 07, 07:48 PM posted to sci.space.history
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Jul 26, 10:03 pm, wrote:
I am a new teacher and I really enjoy teaching about space. What are
some kid friendly sites that I could visit to keep my students up to
date with things happening in space? Thanks Wendy

Others have responded with some great sites. Let me add a couple as
well:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/.../home/erc.html
http://www.heavens-above.com/

The latter requires a free registration but is definitely worth it.

Eric

Old July 30th 07, 09:12 PM posted to sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Jul 26, 7:03 pm, wrote:
I am a new teacher and I really enjoy teaching about space. What are
some kid friendly sites that I could visit to keep my students up to
date with things happening in space? Thanks Wendy

But are you seriously a "teacher"?

If so, then don't pay any attention to whatever these infomercial
spewing Usenet rusemasters are telling you (unless you're Jewish).
- Brad Guth