What does the Universe look like from the other side ?

Old May 10th 07, 12:27 PM posted to sci.astro
blackboab

Default What does the Universe look like from the other side ?

What does the Universe look like from the other side of the Universe
that we are on ?

Will the observers in a galaxy 10 billion light years away look at the
skies and see the same history of tghe universe that we do ?

How do we know there even are galaxies 10 billion light years away as
we can only look at that part of space as it was 10 billion years ago

Old May 10th 07, 12:59 PM posted to sci.astro
Greg Neill[_5_]

"blackboab" wrote in message
oups.com...
What does the Universe look like from the other side of the Universe
that we are on ?

Will the observers in a galaxy 10 billion light years away look at the
skies and see the same history of tghe universe that we do ?

How do we know there even are galaxies 10 billion light years away as
we can only look at that part of space as it was 10 billion years ago

We see the same evolution pattern in all directions, so that
covers a span of about 26 billion light years from side to
side. If you add to that the (then reasonable) postulate that
the laws of physics are the same everywhere or at least evolve
in the same way everywhere, then we conclude that the universe
should look the same from any given point of view, even if the
universe is much, much larger than the bit we can see.