WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 or greater expected

Old November 8th 04, 12:24 AM
Sam Wormley

Default WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 or greater expected

Space Weather Message Code: WARK07
Serial Number: 18
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 07 2304 UTC

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 or greater expected
Valid From: 2004 Nov 07 2310 UTC
Valid To: 2004 Nov 08 0300 UTC
Warning Condition: Onset
NOAA Scale: G3 or greater - Strong to Extreme

Old November 8th 04, 01:09 AM
Sam Wormley

Sam Wormley wrote:
Space Weather Message Code: WARK07
Serial Number: 18
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 07 2304 UTC

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 or greater expected
Valid From: 2004 Nov 07 2310 UTC
Valid To: 2004 Nov 08 0300 UTC
Warning Condition: Onset
NOAA Scale: G3 or greater - Strong to Extreme

Space Weather Message Code: ALTK07
Serial Number: 59
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 08 0107 UTC

ALERT: Geomagnetic K-index of 7
Threshold Reached: 2004 Nov 08 0104 UTC
Synoptic Period: 0000-0300 UTC
Station: Boulder
Active Warning: Yes
NOAA Scale: G3 - Strong

Old November 8th 04, 03:00 AM
Sam Wormley

Sam Wormley wrote:
Space Weather Message Code: WARK07
Serial Number: 18
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 07 2304 UTC

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 or greater expected
Valid From: 2004 Nov 07 2310 UTC
Valid To: 2004 Nov 08 0300 UTC
Warning Condition: Onset
NOAA Scale: G3 or greater - Strong to Extreme

Space Weather Message Code: WARK07
Serial Number: 19
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 08 0257 UTC

EXTENDED WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 or greater expected
Extension to Serial Number: 18
Valid From: 2004 Nov 07 2310 UTC
Now Valid Until: 2004 Nov 08 1500 UTC
Warning Condition: persistence

Old November 8th 04, 03:30 AM
Sam Wormley

Sam Wormley wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

Space Weather Message Code: WARK07
Serial Number: 18
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 07 2304 UTC

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 or greater expected
Valid From: 2004 Nov 07 2310 UTC
Valid To: 2004 Nov 08 0300 UTC
Warning Condition: Onset
NOAA Scale: G3 or greater - Strong to Extreme

Space Weather Message Code: WARK07
Serial Number: 19
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 08 0257 UTC

EXTENDED WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 or greater expected
Extension to Serial Number: 18
Valid From: 2004 Nov 07 2310 UTC
Now Valid Until: 2004 Nov 08 1500 UTC
Warning Condition: persistence

Space Weather Message Code: ALTK07
Serial Number: 60
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 08 0327 UTC

ALERT: Geomagnetic K-index of 7
Threshold Reached: 2004 Nov 08 0323 UTC
Synoptic Period: 0300-0600 UTC
Station: Boulder
Active Warning: Yes
NOAA Scale: G3 - Strong

Old November 8th 04, 06:37 AM
Sam Wormley

Sam Wormley wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

Sam Wormley wrote:

[...]

Serial Number: 61
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 08 0635 UTC

ALERT: Geomagnetic K-index of 7
Threshold Reached: 2004 Nov 08 0632 UTC
Synoptic Period: 0600-0900 UTC
Station: Boulder
Active Warning: Yes
NOAA Scale: G3 - Strong

Old November 8th 04, 12:19 PM
Martin Brown

In message , John Steinberg
writes
Sam Wormley wrote:

Space Weather Message Code: WARK07
Serial Number: 18
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 07 2304 UTC

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 7 or greater expected
NOAA Scale: G3 or greater - Strong to Extreme

Thank goodness I purchased some heavy duty aluminum foil earlier today.

I just don't know whether I should fashion it into a homburg, a
porkpie, a fedora, or a pith helmet.

Balaclava definitely - helps protect against mind control rays and ideal
for frequent mobile phone users too ;-)

Under clear NY skies, no sign of any auroral activity. Nice light dome
over Giants Stadium, however. sob

Reasonable bright green and red colourful display visible from North
Yorkshire, UK 21:45 UT onward through thin cloud. This is pretty unusual
in our neck of the woods. Only the very strongest solar storms affect
our latitude enough to provide colourful displays.

(Rained out at 11:30 - this is not unusual)

Regards,
--
Martin Brown
Old November 8th 04, 02:59 PM
moT

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
Space Weather Message Code: WARK07
Serial Number: 18
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 07 2304 UTC

You are more like the robot in Lost in Space with these WARNINGS ..DANGER
DANGER...than the ****ing robot!

Old November 8th 04, 04:37 PM
Roger Hamlett

"moT" wrote in message

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
Space Weather Message Code: WARK07
Serial Number: 18
Issue Time: 2004 Nov 07 2304 UTC

You are more like the robot in Lost in Space with these WARNINGS

...DANGER
DANGER...than the ****ing robot!

Why be rude.
This is a perfectly fair warning for people interested in the Sun. If you
don't like them, simply add the source to your own 'blacklist'.

Best Wishes