Black Holes violate the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

Old August 25th 17, 08:27 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Default Sgr* isn't even a "black hole", much less a PRECISELY known singularity.

Michael Moroney wrote:

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn writes:
Michael Moroney amok-crossposted to 3 newsgroups, *despite* F’up2 being
already set:

So why did you crosspost to 3 newsgroups, if you feel it's so wrong?

Because *you* did. I then set and announced Followup-To so that the
crosspost would _not_ be continued by anyone after me.

But despite what I told you, you did it *again*. Are you stupid?

The "45AU" size is the maximum radius of whatever "it" is, if it was any
larger, Star S14 would collide with it.

No, if the "central" body’s radius would be _that size or larger_, the
"orbiting" S14 would collide with it, assuming that the description that
S14 comes as close to that body’s *center of mass* as 45 AU is correct.

Which is what I said.

No. To begin with, you said that S14 would only collide with "it" if "it"
were “any *larger*” (emphasis mine).

Do you know the difference between a greater-than and a greater-than-or-
equals operation?

So "it" must be smaller than 45 AU radius.

That much is true. And I have just *calculated* how small or large "it"
*really* must be if it is a black hole, given this mass: about 0.08 AU,
which is *much* smaller than 45 AU. (Can you not read?)

Yes. Can you?

I can. Evidently you cannot.

Not even wrong. Rather, *any* object can have a radius of *45 AU* and a
total mass of about 4.1 million solar masses. (Homework assignment: Look
up statistics of celestial objects to find at least one such object.)

Wrong. If it had both characteristics, no known physics allows such a
thing to exist, except temporarily as it collapses into a black hole.

Nonsense. Even if we consider that there are no stable orbits below 1.5
Schwarzschild radii (the radius of the photon sphere), that is still less
than 0.12 AU for a black hole of this mass. Nowhere near 45 AU.

You still have no clue what you are talking about, despite my patient
explanations of where you went wrong.

Are you stupid?

F’up2 news:sci.astro

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
Old August 25th 17, 08:28 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Starmaker

Default There is no evidence that TRUE black holes exist, none.

Jeff-Relf.Me, @. wrote:

There is no evidence that TRUE black holes exist, none.

Quoting WikiPedia: <<

[ Some think Sgr* is ] 4.1 million solar masses.

The corresponding Schwarzschild radius is .08 AU [...]

the American group found 3.7 ± 0.2 million solar masses.
[...]
[S14] came within 45 AU without colliding. >>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagitt...ral_black_hole

The corresponding Schwarzschild radius is .08 AU.
The corresponding Schwarzschild radius is .08 AU.
The corresponding Schwarzschild radius is .08 AU.

It could be anything, something unknown, maybe a black star.

Densil Washington is not an unknown black star...
Old August 25th 17, 08:52 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

So

1.3 × 10¹⁰ m = 1.3 × 10⁷ km

which is *much less* than

1 AU ≈ 150'000'000 km = 150 × 10⁸ km = 1.5 × 10¹⁰ km.

Correction of the obvious:

1 AU ≈ 150'000'000 km = 150 × 10⁶ km = 1.5 × 10⁸ km.

(1 AU is the average distance Terra–Sol.)

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
Old August 25th 17, 10:54 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
Michael Moroney

Thomas "Pointed Ears or Pointy Head?" Lahn writes:

Michael Moroney wrote:

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn writes:
Michael Moroney amok-crossposted to 3 newsgroups, *despite* F’up2 being
already set:

So why did you crosspost to 3 newsgroups, if you feel it's so wrong?

Because *you* did.

So apparently your 'rule' applies to me, but not to you. Gotcha.

I then set and announced Followup-To so that the
crosspost would _not_ be continued by anyone after me.

Oh, your 'rule' applies to everyone else as well, but not to you. Gotcha.

But despite what I told you, you did it *again*. Are you stupid?

Who died and made you God? If I agree with a Followup-To I may go along,
if not, I won't. But why would I post only to a group which I don't read?

The "45AU" size is the maximum radius of whatever "it" is, if it was any
larger, Star S14 would collide with it.

No, if the "central" body’s radius would be _that size or larger_, the
"orbiting" S14 would collide with it, assuming that the description that
S14 comes as close to that body’s *center of mass* as 45 AU is correct.

Which is what I said.

No. To begin with, you said that S14 would only collide with "it" if "it"
were “any *larger*” (emphasis mine).

Do you know the difference between a greater-than and a greater-than-or-
equals operation?

I do but not relevant. Quibble over nothing. I did state the maximum size was
and what happens if the thing was larger. Besides, do we even know the size
to the 2 digits given?

Nonsense. Even if we consider that there are no stable orbits below 1.5
Schwarzschild radii (the radius of the photon sphere), that is still less
than 0.12 AU for a black hole of this mass. Nowhere near 45 AU.

Once again, my point was there must be a black hole there. Perhaps there is
more stuff orbiting it, perhaps not, but irrelevant to my point, which is,
there's a black hole there.

Your point is the one on top of your head.

You still have no clue what you are talking about, despite my patient
explanations of where you went wrong.

Are you stupid?

It appears you are.

Old August 26th 17, 02:01 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

/killfile

Michael Moroney wrote:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn writes:
Michael Moroney amok-crossposted to 3 newsgroups, *despite* F’up2 being
already set:
So why did you crosspost to 3 newsgroups, if you feel it's so wrong?

Because *you* did.

So apparently your 'rule' applies to me, but not to you. Gotcha.

No, instead it is the one who posts the follow-up who is to observe the set
Followup-To, if it is appropriate (see below). It does not make sense
otherwise: the discussion would abruptly end in those newsgroups where it is
no longer being posted to, without any information whether it continued and
if so, where that is.

But I know now that you know that. You are just playing stupid, and I have
wasted my time with you again – except that I now know that that the
killfile entry for you is still justified.

I then set and announced Followup-To so that the
crosspost would _not_ be continued by anyone after me.

Oh, your 'rule' applies to everyone else as well, but not to you. Gotcha.

But despite what I told you, you did it *again*. Are you stupid?

Who died and made you God? If I agree with a Followup-To I may go along,
if not, I won't. But why would I post only to a group which I don't read?

Because the topic of the discussion defines the newsgroup where one should
post to.

So by now we have determined that you really are stupid. Or you are just
playing stupid, which is even worse as demonstrates malicious intent.

The "45AU" size is the maximum radius of whatever "it" is, if it was
any larger, Star S14 would collide with it.

No, if the "central" body’s radius would be _that size or larger_, the
"orbiting" S14 would collide with it, assuming that the description that
S14 comes as close to that body’s *center of mass* as 45 AU is correct.

Which is what I said.

No. To begin with, you said that S14 would only collide with "it" if "it"
were “any *larger*” (emphasis mine).

Do you know the difference between a greater-than and a greater-than-or-
equals operation?

I do but not relevant.

It *is* relevant.

Quibble over nothing. I did state the maximum size was and what happens if
the thing was larger.

You said that S14 would only collide with "it" if "its" radius was larger
than the mentioned one, which is simply wrong.

Besides, do we even know the size to the 2 digits given?

Do your own homework.

Nonsense. Even if we consider that there are no stable orbits below 1.5
Schwarzschild radii (the radius of the photon sphere), that is still less
than 0.12 AU for a black hole of this mass. Nowhere near 45 AU.

Once again, my point was there must be a black hole there.

No, you said *several times* that a body with a mass of 4.1 million solar
masses and a radius of 45 AU could not become or be anything else but a
black hole.

Which is simply wrong. (A body or system does not become a black hole until
*all* of its mass is concentrated within its Schwarzschild radius.)

Now you are lying so that you do not have to admit that you were wrong.
Typical.

If only you did.

killfile

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2
Old August 26th 17, 04:31 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
Michael Moroney

Michael Moroney wrote:

So apparently your 'rule' applies to me, but not to you. Gotcha.

No, instead it is the one who posts the follow-up who is to observe the set
Followup-To, if it is appropriate (see below).

I am here (sci.physics/sci.physics.relativity) mostly for k00kwatching,
although I do like it when actual science (like the earlier posts)
actually appear. I am amazed somewhat about the wide variety of k00ks
and the things they kook about sometimes. Quite a few of them seem to
have delusions of authority and feel justified at trying to boss others
around, and get nasty when their 'authority' is disregarded. Pointed Ears
is definitely one of these.

I don't know what job he may have, but a good career suggestion may be
micromanager. Or perhaps picomanager.

As a black hole is very much a GR thing, sci.physics.relativity makes as
much sense to discuss a very likely black hole candidate as an astronomy
group.

Anyway, while I do entertain myself here by poking k00ks with pointy
sticks often, snarling nasty k00ks aren't particularly entertaining, so
the killfile entries will be mutual.

*plonk*