Apollo Era Gas Core Nuclear Rocket Powered Moonship

Old October 22nd 07, 02:13 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Chris Gunn

Default Apollo Era Gas Core Nuclear Rocket Powered Moonship

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:26:53 -0500, kT wrote:

Monte Davis wrote:
Damon Hill wrote:

Right. Now all you have to do is actually build a gas
core engine.

Therein lies a substantial challenge.

Why should it be? With all the expertise we've acquired in decades of
running fusion reactors and scramjets -- the total mastery of
turbulence in high-energy, high-gradient flows -- it should be a snap.

Astonishing ignorance from yet another American.

He is clearly being sarcastic.

If you can't read reliably, you should hesitate more before replying
to posts.

Gunn
Old October 22nd 07, 02:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:13:19 +1300, in a place far, far away, Chris
Gunn made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Monte Davis wrote:
Damon Hill wrote:

Right. Now all you have to do is actually build a gas
core engine.

Therein lies a substantial challenge.

Why should it be? With all the expertise we've acquired in decades of
running fusion reactors and scramjets -- the total mastery of
turbulence in high-energy, high-gradient flows -- it should be a snap.

Astonishing ignorance from yet another American.

He is clearly being sarcastic.

If you can't read reliably, you should hesitate more before replying
to posts.

It's the idiot Elifritz. What did you expect? Put him in your
killfile, as the rest of us have.
Old October 22nd 07, 02:56 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Default The Idiot Rand Simberg

Monte Davis wrote:
Damon Hill wrote:

Right. Now all you have to do is actually build a gas
core engine.

Therein lies a substantial challenge.
Why should it be? With all the expertise we've acquired in decades of
running fusion reactors and scramjets -- the total mastery of
turbulence in high-energy, high-gradient flows -- it should be a snap.
Astonishing ignorance from yet another American.

He is clearly being sarcastic.

It wasn't clear to me, these things have been ongoing experiments.

I just can't trust American judgement anymore, given the national debt,
genocide in Iraq, secret prisons, torture, domestic surveillance and
worst of all : the Ares I. One can never tell anymore about Americans.

If you can't read reliably, you should hesitate more before replying
to posts.

I believe I parsed it correctly.

It's the idiot Elifritz. What did you expect? Put him in your
killfile, as the rest of us have.

Let me refresh your memory again about the idiot Elifritz and his
crackpot theory of the BCS-BOSE theory applied to chemistry, and
electronic Bose-Einstein condensation in metal salt solutions :

http://www.lifeform.org/bion.htm

Now the idiot Rand Simberg may wish to refresh our memories of his
recent crackpot scientific accomplishments. He gets five free points.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Anything Rand. Anything at all?

Old October 22nd 07, 04:26 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Damon Hill[_4_]

(Derek Lyons) wrote in news:471bc260.53922328
@news.supernews.com:

I think you missed the sarcasm tag.

Possibly. With some it's hard to tell....

--Damon

Old October 22nd 07, 03:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
BradGuth

Monte Davis wrote:
Damon Hill wrote:

Right. Now all you have to do is actually build a gas
core engine.

Therein lies a substantial challenge.
Why should it be? With all the expertise we've acquired in decades of
running fusion reactors and scramjets -- the total mastery of
turbulence in high-energy, high-gradient flows -- it should be a snap.
Astonishing ignorance from yet another American.
He is clearly being sarcastic.

It wasn't clear to me, these things have been ongoing experiments.

I just can't trust American judgement anymore, given the national debt,
genocide in Iraq, secret prisons, torture, domestic surveillance and
worst of all : the Ares I. One can never tell anymore about Americans.

Good for you, as that's playing it safe and sane, as well as a whole
lot more honest than most. The last thing we in usenet need are more
of those crazy Rand brown-nosed clowns running lose.

If you can't read reliably, you should hesitate more before replying
to posts.

I believe I parsed it correctly.

It's the idiot Elifritz. What did you expect? Put him in your
killfile, as the rest of us have.

Let me refresh your memory again about the idiot Elifritz and his
crackpot theory of the BCS-BOSE theory applied to chemistry, and
electronic Bose-Einstein condensation in metal salt solutions :

http://www.lifeform.org/bion.htm

Now the idiot Rand Simberg may wish to refresh our memories of his
recent crackpot scientific accomplishments. He gets five free points.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Anything Rand. Anything at all?

Rand is just another warm and fuzzy pretend atheist or rusemaster at
his black little heart, so that fence jumping to whichever winning
side is always an option. It's also what a Rabbi or most any semitic
minion as a spook or mole does best on behalf of whomever is in charge
(including Hitler if need be).
- Brad Guth -

Old October 23rd 07, 12:43 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Chris Gunn

Monte Davis wrote:
Damon Hill wrote:
Right. Now all you have to do is actually build a gas
core engine.

Therein lies a substantial challenge.
Why should it be? With all the expertise we've acquired in decades of
running fusion reactors and scramjets -- the total mastery of
turbulence in high-energy, high-gradient flows -- it should be a snap.
Astonishing ignorance from yet another American.

He is clearly being sarcastic.

It wasn't clear to me, these things have been ongoing experiments.

I just can't trust American judgement anymore, given the national debt,
genocide in Iraq, secret prisons, torture, domestic surveillance and
worst of all : the Ares I. One can never tell anymore about Americans.

So rather than your problem being the English language, you just have
a poor understanding of many things.

This would be a good reason for you not to post opinions on related
subjects.

On Topic, I read the wiki page about the gas core engine. I really
enjoyed it!
Particularly funny is the similarity to Star Trek. "Captin! The
Dilithium crystals are cracking!" "Eject the core!".

It would be nice if further research was done.

It seems a nulcear rocket is the only sensible choice for a Mars
mission.

It's the idiot Elifritz. What did you expect? Put him in your
killfile, as the rest of us have.

I haven't read enough of his posts to know if he deserves the honor.
This last post is a bad sign however.

Let me refresh your memory again about the idiot Elifritz and his
crackpot theory of the BCS-BOSE theory applied to chemistry, and
electronic Bose-Einstein condensation in metal salt solutions :

http://www.lifeform.org/bion.htm

This site appears to be down.

Now the idiot Rand Simberg may wish to refresh our memories of his
recent crackpot scientific accomplishments. He gets five free points.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

I hadn't seen this before. Fun!

Gunn
Old October 23rd 07, 01:14 AM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Oct 20, 7:50 pm, wrote:
On Oct 20, 10:16 pm, Damon Hill wrote:

wrote in news:1192896019.769240.164780
@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

More information on this hypthetical moonship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_core_reactor_rocket

Right. Now all you have to do is actually build a gas
core engine.

Therein lies a substantial challenge.

--Damon

Correct. that's the rrub and the assumption.

However, consider that a counterflow toroidal system that treats the
flowing plasmas as a current loop with their own magnetic fields could
use combined magnetic and inertial forces to produce a rather light
weight containment with a beta ! - which has been achieved for
fusion, but when done for fissile materials result in 100 atm or more
pressure as opposed to 1/100th atm - and power densities are similarly
high.

Unlike our NASA/Apollo (aka Saturn V) fiasco, of their having merely a
60:1 ratio of rocket per payload that was nearly 30% inert GLOW to
start off with, there's no doubt that via applied nuclear thrust
derived energy it's all perfectly doable with added inert mass. So,
when are those fully 3D interactive simulations as easily created and
thus virtual proof-tested by way of those public supercomputers, as
already programmed with all the known laws of physics, going to knock
our fly-by-rocket socks off?

As I'd said, your "Gas Core Nuclear Rocket Powered Moonship" thruster
application should have easily become one of those nifty supercomputer
proof-tested items. Is there a problem with that?
- Brad Guth -

Old October 23rd 07, 01:19 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Monte Davis wrote:
Damon Hill wrote:
Right. Now all you have to do is actually build a gas
core engine.

Therein lies a substantial challenge.
Why should it be? With all the expertise we've acquired in decades of
running fusion reactors and scramjets -- the total mastery of
turbulence in high-energy, high-gradient flows -- it should be a snap.
Astonishing ignorance from yet another American.
He is clearly being sarcastic.

It wasn't clear to me, these things have been ongoing experiments.

I just can't trust American judgement anymore, given the national debt,
genocide in Iraq, secret prisons, torture, domestic surveillance and
worst of all : the Ares I. One can never tell anymore about Americans.

So rather than your problem being the English language, you just have
a poor understanding of many things.

No, I am intimately familiar with most things physics and chemistry related.

This would be a good reason for you not to post opinions on related
subjects.

That's the usenet spirit!

On Topic, I read the wiki page about the gas core engine. I really
enjoyed it!

Thanks, we really needed to know that.

Particularly funny is the similarity to Star Trek. "Captin! The
Dilithium crystals are cracking!" "Eject the core!".

It would be nice if further research was done.

Yes, further research will certainly help most crackpot ideas like
commercial fusion reactors and commercial air breathing spaceplanes.

It seems a nulcear rocket is the only sensible choice for a Mars
mission.

It seems to me you are a crackpot, who desires more WMDs for everybody.

It's the idiot Elifritz. What did you expect? Put him in your
killfile, as the rest of us have.

I haven't read enough of his posts to know if he deserves the honor.
This last post is a bad sign however.

Fascism certainly is on the rise in America, that is a real bad sign.

Let me refresh your memory again about the idiot Elifritz and his
crackpot theory of the BCS-BOSE theory applied to chemistry, and
electronic Bose-Einstein condensation in metal salt solutions :

http://www.lifeform.org/bion.htm

This site appears to be down.

I took it down, but you can still access it on the static sites :

http://webpages.charter.net/tsiolkovsky.bion.htm

Now the idiot Rand Simberg may wish to refresh our memories of his
recent crackpot scientific accomplishments. He gets five free points.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

I hadn't seen this before. Fun!

In addition to your five free points just for existing in a bizarre and
highly improbable universe, I give you an additional five points for
your infatuation with nuclear fission energy, which involves vaporizing
water with 35 meV, using nuclear reactions up in the 250 MeV range.

That's one hot pot you don't want to crack.
Old October 23rd 07, 01:20 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Old October 23rd 07, 03:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

Monte Davis wrote:
Damon Hill wrote:
[...]

You've got the resident wizard as Willie.Moo/(aka William Mook),
that'll tell you silly folks far more than you ever wanted to know
about such things. Too bad he's not Jewish or of some other weird
faith-based kind, but at least he does like the idea of WWIII.
- Brad Guth -