"Mi06 is a mere 24 LY away" - ASSistant professor Paul B. Andersen.

Old February 23rd 11, 06:17 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_39_]

Default "Mi06 is a mere 24 LY away" - ASSistant professor Paul B. Andersen.

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 00:29:14 +0100, "Paul B. Andersen"

| wrote:
| But you are probably referring to this pictu
|
| http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap070411.html
|
| The blue image is X-rays, not "blue light".
| You can see that IR (red) and optical (gold)
| appear to come from the same arms.
| The "anomalous arms" are mainly X-ray and radio (purple) emission.
| The reasonable explanation is obviously that it's a very different
| mechanism behind the emission of X-rays + radio and IR + visible light.
| The x-rays and radio don't come from stars at all.
|
| M106 is a mere 24 LY away.
|
| Oh dear! The Milky Way will never be the same again!
|
| The rotation period of a galaxy is in the order of
| hundreds of millions of years.
| That should suffice to illustrate the idiocy of
| Androcles' claim.
|
| I'm sure he will be laughing so much at your latest blunder that he wont
even
| notice.

Oh dear... M106 is closer than most stars. ASS. Prof. Andersen,
the Colonel Gadhafi of Norwegian Astronomy, is looking through
the wrong end of his telescope.
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...k/Andersen.JPG

Old February 23rd 11, 07:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Feb 22, 11:17*pm, "Androcles"
wrote:

Oh dear... M106 is closer than most stars.

Some Messier objects are nebulae rather than galaxies, so a Messier
object being only 24 light-years away from us is not _a priori_
impossible.

However, Messier 106 *is* a galaxy which is about 24 million light
years away. Obviously a misprint.

However, it is still closer to us than most stars are, since there are
many more stars in all the galaxies in the Universe that are more than
24 million light years away than there are in those within that
distance.

John Savard
Old February 23rd 11, 08:31 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Henry Wilson DSc

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 06:17:25 -0000, "Androcles"
wrote:

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
.. .
| On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 00:29:14 +0100, "Paul B. Andersen"

| wrote:
| But you are probably referring to this pictu
|
| http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap070411.html
|
| The blue image is X-rays, not "blue light".
| You can see that IR (red) and optical (gold)
| appear to come from the same arms.
| The "anomalous arms" are mainly X-ray and radio (purple) emission.
| The reasonable explanation is obviously that it's a very different
| mechanism behind the emission of X-rays + radio and IR + visible light.
| The x-rays and radio don't come from stars at all.
|
| M106 is a mere 24 LY away.
|
| Oh dear! The Milky Way will never be the same again!
|
| The rotation period of a galaxy is in the order of
| hundreds of millions of years.
| That should suffice to illustrate the idiocy of
| Androcles' claim.
|
| I'm sure he will be laughing so much at your latest blunder that he wont
even
| notice.

Oh dear... M106 is closer than most stars. ASS. Prof. Andersen,
the Colonel Gadhafi of Norwegian Astronomy, is looking through
the wrong end of his telescope.
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...k/Andersen.JPG

Hahahhaha!
Methinks he will probably disappear under a pile of Aquavit bottles for a few
weeks before re-emerging with a dose of psychological amnesia.

I have now published the official version of Modern BaTh. You will be pleased
to see that I gave you an acknowledgment.

www.scisite.info/Ballistic_theory.odt

Henry Wilson...
Old February 23rd 11, 12:04 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_39_]

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
news | On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 06:17:25 -0000, "Androcles"
| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 00:29:14 +0100, "Paul B. Andersen"
|
| | wrote:
| | But you are probably referring to this pictu
| |
| | http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap070411.html
| |
| | The blue image is X-rays, not "blue light".
| | You can see that IR (red) and optical (gold)
| | appear to come from the same arms.
| | The "anomalous arms" are mainly X-ray and radio (purple) emission.
| | The reasonable explanation is obviously that it's a very different
| | mechanism behind the emission of X-rays + radio and IR + visible
light.
| | The x-rays and radio don't come from stars at all.
| |
| | M106 is a mere 24 LY away.
| |
| | Oh dear! The Milky Way will never be the same again!
| |
| | The rotation period of a galaxy is in the order of
| | hundreds of millions of years.
| | That should suffice to illustrate the idiocy of
| | Androcles' claim.
| |
| | I'm sure he will be laughing so much at your latest blunder that he
wont
| even
| | notice.
| |

| Oh dear... M106 is closer than most stars. ASS. Prof. Andersen,
| the Colonel Gadhafi of Norwegian Astronomy, is looking through
| the wrong end of his telescope.
| http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...k/Andersen.JPG
|
| Hahahhaha!
| Methinks he will probably disappear under a pile of Aquavit bottles for a
few
| weeks before re-emerging with a dose of psychological amnesia.
|
| I have now published the official version of Modern BaTh. You will be
pleased
| to see that I gave you an acknowledgment.
|
| www.scisite.info/Ballistic_theory.odt

I dunno what to do with open document text formats.
I get a zip file then "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or
corrupted."

If you want to acknowledge me then I am the first person ever to link
emission theory to ACTUAL stellar data. I first noticed cepheids fit, but
that
was easy, they are only lopsided sinusoids. But Algol didn't fit until I
aligned
its major axis with the line of sight, and that was my Eureka moment.
Sekerin made no reference to Algol and his sketches, while valid, are for
circular orbits.
http://www.datasync.com/~rsf1/sekerin.htm

Have you modelled V 1493 Aql yet? It's been quiet from 12 years now,
only 188 +/- 100 years to go before it repeats again and proves me right.
Your work is incomplete without it.

Old February 23rd 11, 12:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_39_]

"Quadibloc" wrote in message

Oh dear... M106 is closer than most stars.

No, Quadiblockhead, you are wrong, you stupid snipping ****in' cretin. M106
is much further away.

Old February 23rd 11, 03:08 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Eric Gisse

Old February 23rd 11, 03:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Feb 23, 5:07*am, "Androcles"
wrote:
M106
is much further away.

Than most stars visible as individual stars to the naked eye in the
night sky.

However, "most stars" without qualification can just mean most stars
period, in the whole universe. Other galaxies do have stars in them,
you know.

John Savard
Old February 23rd 11, 03:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_39_]

"Quadibloc" wrote in message
M106 is a mere 24 LY away.

You are wrong, Savard.
I have to snip and misattribute that erroneous statement to you, Savard,
it's
netiquette and saves bandwidth, you ****in' imbecile.

Old February 23rd 11, 08:48 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Henry Wilson DSc

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:04:24 -0000, "Androcles"
wrote:

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
news | On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 06:17:25 -0000, "Androcles"
| wrote:

| Oh dear... M106 is closer than most stars. ASS. Prof. Andersen,
| the Colonel Gadhafi of Norwegian Astronomy, is looking through
| the wrong end of his telescope.
| http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...k/Andersen.JPG
|
| Hahahhaha!
| Methinks he will probably disappear under a pile of Aquavit bottles for a
few
| weeks before re-emerging with a dose of psychological amnesia.
|
| I have now published the official version of Modern BaTh. You will be
pleased
| to see that I gave you an acknowledgment.
|
| www.scisite.info/Ballistic_theory.odt

I dunno what to do with open document text formats.
I get a zip file then "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or
corrupted."

..odt is the main file system used by SUN's Open Office, which is suppoed to be
fully compatible with Windows but apparently is not. If I try saving it in
..rtf, it reverts to .odt

I will save it in .doc form as well so people have a choice.
..

If you want to acknowledge me then I am the first person ever to link
emission theory to ACTUAL stellar data. I first noticed cepheids fit, but
that
was easy, they are only lopsided sinusoids. But Algol didn't fit until I
aligned
its major axis with the line of sight, and that was my Eureka moment.
Sekerin made no reference to Algol and his sketches, while valid, are for
circular orbits.
http://www.datasync.com/~rsf1/sekerin.htm

He probably thought as I did at first ...that the large dip was some kind of
mathematical error. I tried for days to find a computer error before I finally
realised it was actually true.

Have you modelled V 1493 Aql yet? It's been quiet from 12 years now,
only 188 +/- 100 years to go before it repeats again and proves me right.
Your work is incomplete without it.

I have included a match with V2362 Cyg, which is similar to 1493 Aql but even
better. The latter is mentioned in the text.

http://www.scisite.info/fig10.jpg

Henry Wilson...
Old February 23rd 11, 09:15 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Henry Wilson DSc

wrote:

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
news | On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 06:17:25 -0000, "Androcles"
| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 00:29:14 +0100, "Paul B. Andersen"
|
| | wrote:
| | But you are probably referring to this pictu
| |
| | http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap070411.html
| |
| | The blue image is X-rays, not "blue light".
| | You can see that IR (red) and optical (gold)
| | appear to come from the same arms.
| | The "anomalous arms" are mainly X-ray and radio (purple) emission.
| | The reasonable explanation is obviously that it's a very different
| | mechanism behind the emission of X-rays + radio and IR + visible
light.
| | The x-rays and radio don't come from stars at all.
| |
| | M106 is a mere 24 LY away.
| |
| | Oh dear! The Milky Way will never be the same again!
| |
| | The rotation period of a galaxy is in the order of
| | hundreds of millions of years.
| | That should suffice to illustrate the idiocy of
| | Androcles' claim.
| |
| | I'm sure he will be laughing so much at your latest blunder that he
wont
| even
| | notice.
| |

| Oh dear... M106 is closer than most stars. ASS. Prof. Andersen,
| the Colonel Gadhafi of Norwegian Astronomy, is looking through
| the wrong end of his telescope.
| http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...k/Andersen.JPG
|
| Hahahhaha!
| Methinks he will probably disappear under a pile of Aquavit bottles for a
few
| weeks before re-emerging with a dose of psychological amnesia.
|
| I have now published the official version of Modern BaTh. You will be
pleased
| to see that I gave you an acknowledgment.
|
| www.scisite.info/Ballistic_theory.odt

I dunno what to do with open document text formats.
I get a zip file then "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or
corrupted."

If you want to acknowledge me then I am the first person ever to link
emission theory to ACTUAL stellar data. I first noticed cepheids fit, but
that
was easy, they are only lopsided sinusoids. But Algol didn't fit until I
aligned
its major axis with the line of sight, and that was my Eureka moment.
Sekerin made no reference to Algol and his sketches, while valid, are for
circular orbits.
http://www.datasync.com/~rsf1/sekerin.htm

Have you modelled V 1493 Aql yet? It's been quiet from 12 years now,
only 188 +/- 100 years to go before it repeats again and proves me right.
Your work is incomplete without it.

My paper is now in .html format.....much better.

www.scisite.info/was_einstein_wrong.html

Henry Wilson...