Is Ed Conrad a real person?

Old January 4th 12, 09:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
T.T.[_2_]

Default Is Ed Conrad a real person?

Just curious.

Old January 4th 12, 11:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
John Jove

No. Best move is to add him, Oriel, ChrisB, Davoud, Min, Brad Guth and
Wretch to your filter list so you don't receive their messages.

"T.T." wrote in message
nd.com...
Just curious.

Old January 4th 12, 11:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

republican sockpuppet???
Old January 5th 12, 04:19 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
John Jove

wrote in message ...
"John Jove" wrote in :

republican sockpuppet???

Changed your id, huh. Don't like being on the list. Too bad. I'm filtering
your new id so you can now join your trailer trash comrades. bye!

Old January 5th 12, 05:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jan 4, 1:58*pm, "T.T." wrote:
Just curious.

Ed Conrad is one of the extremely few honest contributors to these
public Usenet/newsgroups.

http://translate.google.com/#

Old January 5th 12, 03:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Jan 5, 5:19*am, "John Jove" wrote:

Changed your id, huh. *Don't like being on the list. *Too bad. I'm filtering
your new id so you can now join your trailer trash comrades. *bye!

Trailer trash? The list? Do you know anything about any of us? Are you
even an amateur astronomer? I know I am. What can we assume from your
comments? You are under the age of 21? "Jove?" Let's see now: Flag
waving, knee-jerk religious right? Wearing the flag and the cross with
pride on the butt of all your chrome-plated and engraved machine guns,
assault rifles and heavy, anti-tank weaponry? Anti-free on demand, US
health service? Let the trash die. They're poor so they deserve it.

Tea-party fund raiser? No taxes (at all) for US billionaires. No
minimum wage? Nor working hours and conditions legislation? The death
penalty for crossing the border illegally? Stop all abortion?
Including for rape victims. They all dress like sluts anyway.
Creationism to be taught to all children by law? No mention of Darwin?
Denial of climate change and it wasn't our fault anyway? You hate
Transparency International? Still hate pinko, commy faggots? You think
GWBush should be sainted for services to religion, science and
philosophy? Ya'll think women should stay at home where they belong
but you still use prostitutes? Did I get _any_ of these wrong?
Old January 5th 12, 07:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

"John Jove" wrote in :

wrote in message ...
"John Jove" wrote in
:

republican sockpuppet???

Changed your id, huh. Don't like being on the list. Too bad. I'm
filtering your new id so you can now join your trailer trash comrades.
bye!

hit that nail on the head...
don't know who you think I am but since I only post here about once a month
I'm hardly worthy of the key stroke
You have to admit I can spot sockpuppets in a crowd though =8-p
Old January 5th 12, 08:00 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

"Chris.B" wrote in news:4598dd1f-d661-4404-be40-
:

[...]

he's just a republican sockpuppet going from forum to forum spewing
republican psychobabble
they stick out in a crowd due ot that idiot sign the runs through their
posts
Old January 5th 12, 08:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Jan 5, 9:00*pm, " wrote:

he's just a republican sockpuppet going from forum to forum spewing
republican psychobabble
they stick out in a crowd due ot that idiot sign the runs through their
posts

I checked his Google profile. (as you do)

3 posts to s.a.a. and counting.

No doubt we can all look forwards to seeing his equipment list in his
sig. next? :-)
Old January 6th 12, 04:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Jan 4, 2:58*pm, "T.T." wrote:
Just curious.

Yes, he is a real person.

He used to be a bit less over-the-top, recurrently posting various
canned messages at occasional intervals, such as one about Russian
undersea missiles. An amusing feature of one of those posts was an
attempt to claim as evidence of its truth that he had CITED SOURCES
(his caps) in it, such as Edgar Cayce.

But only recently, there was a spam post in a newsgroup I frequent
containing the statement "Many experts from across the globe are
predicting that the earth is likely to end by the year 2012."

Actually, of course, all the _experts_, such as people from NASA, will
tell you that December 21, 2012 will be just another day (admittedly,
a late day for Christmas shopping). The people saying that there's
something to worry about in 2012 are kooks, cranks, hustlers and so
on. So giving credibility to those who have none is hardly unique to
him.

John Savard