Another Failure

Old September 5th 03, 05:35 AM
bwhiting

Default Another Failure

So what happened to all the "astrological"
predictions of 'doom & gloom' over Mars closest
approach as was glorously predicted by...you know who,
et al??
Just like 1924....nothing earth-shaking, out of the
ordinary happened, except for Arnold getting hit by
an egg....laid by the astrologers, of course.
Just another failed prediction, I guess...they should
be used to it by now, after 4000+ years of trying. ;-)

File it right under...the NYC nuked on 7/7/03 failure?
TW

Old September 5th 03, 05:51 AM

bwhiting wrote:

So what happened to all the "astrological"
predictions of 'doom & gloom' over Mars closest
approach as was glorously predicted by...you know who,
et al??
Just like 1924....nothing earth-shaking, out of the
ordinary happened, except for Arnold getting hit by
an egg....laid by the astrologers, of course.
Just another failed prediction, I guess...they should
be used to it by now, after 4000+ years of trying. ;-)

File it right under...the NYC nuked on 7/7/03 failure?
TW

It's another New Age phantasy. There's absolutely nothing significant
about the closest approach of Mars. You might as well obsess about the
moon's distance from the earth, which is constantly varying.

And these hare-brained notions, which attract so much attention, do not
invalidate real astrology.

As above, so below.
viveshwar

Old September 5th 03, 06:05 AM
Al

"bwhiting" wrote in message
So what happened to all the "astrological"
predictions of 'doom & gloom' over Mars closest
approach as was glorously predicted by...you know who,
et al??
Just like 1924....nothing earth-shaking, out of the
ordinary happened, except for Arnold getting hit by
an egg....laid by the astrologers, of course.
Just another failed prediction, I guess...they should
be used to it by now, after 4000+ years of trying. ;-)

File it right under...the NYC nuked on 7/7/03 failure?
TW

The "Doom and Gloomers" could say, honest mistake...so we are off by 10
years. And the asterroid gets closer.

Al

Old September 5th 03, 06:11 AM
bwhiting

Al,
haven't you heard the latest? Torino rating
is now zero with new observations...no collision
possible in 2014 for 2003 QQ47 flying mountain.
Sorry.
TW

Old September 5th 03, 06:24 AM
Marty

And these hare-brained notions, which
attract so much attention, do not
invalidate real astrology.

"Real astrology" IS a hair-brained notion.
Marty

Old September 5th 03, 06:57 AM
bwhiting

Simple! Fill it with cement, make it a fine floor with solid pier,
mount a 16 inch Meade Equatorial, and start observing the
fine night sky in your new observatory!
Clear Skies,
TW

Old September 5th 03, 08:04 AM
gk

wrote in message
It's another New Age phantasy. There's absolutely nothing significant
about the closest approach of Mars. You might as well obsess about the
moon's distance from the earth, which is constantly varying.

And these hare-brained notions, which attract so much attention, do not
invalidate real astrology.

Because it was never valid to begin with.

Old September 5th 03, 11:37 AM
Brian A

wrote in message

real astrology.

oxi-moron

Brian A

NASA Details Risks to Astronauts on Mission to Hubble Scott M. Kozel Policy 108 May 11th 04 12:27 PM
beagle failure guesses? MSu1049321 Technology 4 December 31st 03 03:30 PM
Failure ... Jon Berndt Space Shuttle 19 September 16th 03 06:10 AM
NEWS: Failure Is Always an Option Rusty B Space Shuttle 3 September 6th 03 03:13 AM
VCR ALERT: Failure Is Not An Option - History Channel Rusty B Policy 4 August 16th 03 03:21 AM