RELATIVITY - The Special, the General, and the Causal Theory

Old March 7th 07, 05:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bill Sheppard

Default RELATIVITY - The Special, the General, and the Causal Theory

WHAAT? Is the duck actually demonstrating an original thought for once?
--

You are aware the curvature is just an
analogy right?

Hellamighty, that's exactly what we been sayin' here for years. The
"curvature" is an analogy, a metaphor, a representation, like a
schematic is of a radio. But the 'schemaiic' is not the radio. So what
is the "curvature of space" a representation, an analog, OF?

By all the preponderance of observable evidence, the 'curvature' is an
analog of the acceleration-rate of flowing space.. unless someone can
suggest a better alternative.

oc

Header address is a spam trap. E-mail: oldcoot7074 at sbcglobal.net
Change 'at' to @

Old March 8th 07, 12:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"Phineas T Puddleduck" wrote in message
news
In article ,
(Bill Sheppard) wrote:

Hellamighty, that's exactly what we been sayin' here for years. The
"curvature" is an analogy, a metaphor, a representation, like a
schematic is of a radio. But the 'schemaiic' is not the radio. So what
is the "curvature of space" a representation, an analog, OF?

A change in the underlying properties of spacetime in the presence of
mass. You
have the cart before the horse.

By all the preponderance of observable evidence, the 'curvature' is an
analog of the acceleration-rate of flowing space.. unless someone can
suggest a better alternative.

I've already pointed out your flowing space theory fails several
observational
tests. I'm still waiting for this "preponderance of observable evidence"

and i'm still waiting for you to explain how a void
nothing like space-time can have any properties,
precisely what these properties are, and exactly
how changing these properties produces the many
awesome effects of gravity.

Put the horse before the cart if you can, Phineas!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
DArth Deco... May the FIELD bewitch you!

Indelibly yours,
Paine
http://www.savethechildren.org/
http://www.painellsworth.net

Old March 8th 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
"Painius" wrote:

and i'm still waiting for you to explain how a void
nothing like space-time can have any properties,
precisely what these properties are, and exactly
how changing these properties produces the many
awesome effects of gravity.

Put the horse before the cart if you can, Phineas!

Take a basic physics course Painius. You're asking pretty basic questions that
a little education would fix.

Its obvious you lack even a little knowledge.

--

"Yes, you're right of course, NB. And they get very useless very quickly.
I shall do my best to ignore them, as you wish." Painius
Old March 8th 07, 10:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Phineas T Puddleduck

In article ,
"Painius" wrote:

If you don't have a clue, why do you think it's so
bad for you to admit this? At least your credibility
would begin to climb and challenge your crudibility.

Why do you think ignorance is so bad, Phineas?
Why do you lose it when you think others think
that you're ignorant? It's not as if you're suffering
from impotence or something...

Oh the irony!