THE SPECIAL RELATIVITY FUDGE

Old February 20th 13, 08:45 AM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default THE SPECIAL RELATIVITY FUDGE

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~djmorin/chap11.pdf
"Let's now start from scratch and see what the theory of Special Relativity is all about. We'll take the route that Einstein took and use two postulates as the basis of the theory. We'll start with the speed-of-light postulate: The speed of light has the same value in any inertial frame. I don't claim that this statement is obvious, or even believable. But I do claim that it's easy to understand what the statement says (even if you think it's too silly to be true). It says the following. Consider a train moving along the ground at constant velocity. Someone on the train shines a light from one point on the train to another. Let the speed of the light with respect to the train be c (~3.10^8m/s). Then the above postulate says that a person on the ground also sees the light move at speed c. This is a rather bizarre statement."

It is not bizarre, it is absurd. The person on the train sees (measures):

speed of light c ; frequency f=c/L ; wavelength L.

The person on the ground sees either:

speed of light c+v ; frequency f'=(c+v)/L ; wavelength L (Newton's emission theory);

or:

speed of light c ; frequency f'=(c+v)/L ; wavelength L'=cL/(c+v) (special relativity).

Clearly the emission theory's prediction is physically reasonable while the special relativity's prediction that "the speed of light has the same value in any inertial frame" is a fudge - it absurdly (and implicitly in the relativistic literature) presupposes that the wavelength is measured to be L on the train but L'=cL/(c+v) on the ground.

See more he

http://fqxi.org/data/essay-contest-f...equency_Im.pdf
Shift in Frequency Implies Shift in Speed of Light

Pentcho Valev
Old February 20th 13, 08:16 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Education in Divine Albert's world: For both sound waves and light waves, as the observer starts moving towards the wave source, the frequency increases and the wavelength decreases so that their product, the speed of the wave, can gloriously remain the same, Divine Einstein, yes we all believe in relativity, relativity, relativity:

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/olcw...oppler_Nav.swf
"INTRODUCTION: Our ears detect changes in the frequency of sound waves due to the Doppler shift, but the waves change in another way, too: in their wavelength. Wavelength and frequency are closely related: if one increases, the other decreases. Their product, the speed of the wave, remains the same. The spaceship in this interactive has an instrument which detects electromagnetic radiation. You can see the wavelength and frequency change as the ship and the source of radiation move through space. EXERCISES: 2. Now click on the "Observer Approaches" button. The ship will start flying towards the source. What is the wavelength of the waves now, as the ship approaches the source? Does the frequency increase or decrease? SOLUTIONS: 2. The wavelength shrinks so that about three waves now fit within the graph. (...) The frequency increases."

Pentcho Valev
Old February 21st 13, 03:59 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

http://vixra.org/pdf/1103.0088v1.pdf
"...for an observer moving at a constant speed v relative to the ECI frame, the speed of light from a source fixed in the ECI frame relative to that moving observer is c-v for the observer moving away from the source and c+v for the observer moving towards the source."

Pentcho Valev