How to create congenial atmosphere on Mars for humans to survive

Old July 22nd 12, 02:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

Default How to create congenial atmosphere on Mars for humans to survive

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 10:14:51 AM UTC-4, signifiespost wrote:
America, China, India..sending missions to explore Mars! How can atmosphere @ Mars be created! It may be one way mission for humans at least for hundred more years!

mars should be explored robotically before any human stands on it........

how would the human race feel if ET came exploring and wiped out human life on earth?

first do no harm.........
Old July 24th 12, 01:41 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Nun Giver

On Monday, July 23, 2012 5:59:43 AM UTC-7, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article >,
says...

> On Sunday, July 15, 2012 10:14:51 AM UTC-4, signifiespost wrote:
> > America, China, India..sending missions to explore Mars! How can atmosphere @ Mars be created! It may be one way mission for humans at least for hundred more years!
>
> mars should be explored robotically before any human stands on it........

There has already been sufficient "robotic" exploration of Mars. What's
lacking for a manned mission is enough money to fund it due to today's
high cost of manned spaceflight.

> how would the human race feel if ET came exploring and wiped out human life on earth?
>
> first do no harm.........

There is zero evidence that there is anything living on Mars which would
even qualify as an ET capable of "feelings". Where do you get these
ridiculous notions?

Jeff
--
" Ares 1 is a prime example of the fact that NASA just can't get it
up anymore... and when they can, it doesn't stay up long. "

I'd frankly like see some advanced chemistry sets sent to the
Red Planet. And robotics will advance such that they should be able
to drive themselves.

Mars isn't so good for terraforming as it is too small. So the colony
will have a dome for agriculture and a high powered laser for smaller incoming.
Indeed if it were larger perhaps larger than Earth it might be inhabitable
though with a lower productive Gaia ;-) Depending on if a super Mars would
be in a habitable zone per a denser CO2 atmosphere.

Mentioning Gaia should give Fred and Brad a buzz.
OK, Brad, a sizzle and a pop as he is from Venus....................Trig