My 1st Uranus image, my best Moon ever, and Jupiter all in Criterion RV-6

Old August 5th 07, 11:46 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jason H.

Default My 1st Uranus image, my best Moon ever, and Jupiter all in Criterion RV-6

My 1st Uranus image, my best Moon ever, and Jupiter all in Criterion
RV-6

All shots taken with single exposure/no stacking, through: 6"
Criterion RV-6, 15mm Parks eyepiece afocal, Kodak Easyshare Z730

My first Uranus image (taken tonight)

http://setisociety.org/uranus5Aug07.jpg

These next 2 Moon shots from tonight I've left un-processed (no
stacking, no mosaics, no processing at all, just single shots straight
from the Kodak)

Lunar South
http://setisociety.org/100_6436.JPG

Lunar North
http://setisociety.org/100_6444.JPG

And these next 2 Moon shots I edited down
http://setisociety.org/moon2on5Aug07.jpg

http://setisociety.org/moon3on5Aug07.jpg

I almost hate to bring down the above with this next one of Jupiter
from the other night, but Starry Night Pro says that there was an IO
shadow transit going on; maybe somebody else here was taking a shot at
the same time?

http://setisociety.org/jupiterduringIOshadow.jpg

Clear skies, Jason H.

Old August 5th 07, 11:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben

Jason,

Looks like you put in a couple of good night's work. I
was particularly impressed by your Lunar South. It's very
sharp and captures a lot of Clavius craterlets as well as
some elegant slump terracing in Moretus.
Looking South of Clavius past Blancanus and Scheiner
one sees the Casatus / Klaproth duo. I have never noticed
the floor on Klaproth is almost perfectly flat, indicative of
rather significant volcanism *after* the Late Heavy Bombardment.
This is most anamolous for the S Highlands.
Your colors stand out well in the M Imbrium area and you
can pick out the (blue) Titanium pools easily.
Good planets too. I wonder if Jupiter will ever get back
to it's normal, two banded appearance again.

Keep em' coming,
Ben