ASTRO: Sharpless 2-152/153

Old December 12th 16, 10:18 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Default ASTRO: Sharpless 2-152/153

SH2-152 is the small bright partner to large an dim Sh2-153.
Both are in Cassiopeia.
Image scale is 0.64 arcseconds/pixel.

Taken from Berlin with a 10" Meade ACF at f/8 on an AZ-EQ6 mount, 13x10min Ha, 10x10min OIII with a Trius SX694 camera.

Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sh2-153-152HaOIIIgut.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	538.4 KB
ID:	6456
Old December 13th 16, 02:55 AM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

Not much OIII in that one!

That came out well even in my 2009 LRGB image. Looking at my image I was sure I'd added H alpha but looking at the data files I hadn't. It even picked up 253 fairly well. Though my transparency was much better back then than it has been the last 5 years or so.

Climate change? Sure has stayed poor for a long time. I used to easily reach 23.5 mag and often well into 24th but under current skies 22.5 is about all I can do. Even that is often unreachable. My visual limiting zenith magnitude is about 6.5 rather than the 6.75 I used to see. Not sure why that translates to a 2 magnitude difference through the scope. My flat exposures haven't changed so it's not 11 year coatings that are to blame. I don't have an SQM unfortunately. They didn't exist back then so wouldn't have a base to compare to even if I had one.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slilge View Post