The thing has landed intact on mars

Old August 6th 12, 07:04 AM posted to sci.astro
Jan Panteltje

Default The thing has landed intact on mars

The thing has landed intact on mars
http://www.ustream.tv/nasajpl

Seen picture of wheel and shadow of spacecraft.
Old August 6th 12, 03:18 PM posted to sci.astro
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Jan Panteltje wrote:

Seen picture of wheel and shadow of spacecraft.

You're nuts. It's obviously a skull against a background of
red blood cells.

-- Richard

Old August 6th 12, 08:25 PM posted to sci.astro
Bjørn Sørheim

"Jan Panteltje" skrev i melding
On a sunny day (Mon, 6 Aug 2012 14:18:58 +0000 (UTC)) it happened
(Richard Tobin) wrote in
:

In article ,
Jan Panteltje wrote:

Seen picture of wheel and shadow of spacecraft.

You're nuts. It's obviously a skull against a background of
red blood cells.

Kill files are for the red blood cell poster.
I got up early this morning (Europe) and followed the landing sequence via
the link I posted,
and you unfortunately deleted and replaced with your crap.

Do not feed the (bloody) troll!
There is more tomorrow after the auto-sequence ends en they can play with
it.

I would have prefered an astronut on mars (any nationality),
and I would have preferred a landing in Reull Vallis,
but who knows what this thing will find, and if they let us know :-)
This is the link:
http://www.ustream.tv/nasajpl

ET

But looking at that image with one of the wheels, facing nortwest into the
sun,
it doesn't exactly look round? What is what there? Is something sticking
to the wheel e.g. a part of the heat shield.? Or is the wheel damaged??
I don't think that whole distortion is done by the fisheye lens either.
Are someone able to point out what is the wheel and what the rest is?
The most supicious part is the lowermost 'component'.

(I know that that thing in the lower corner is a spring for the lens cap.)

Bjørn Sørheim

Old August 6th 12, 09:50 PM posted to sci.astro
Bjørn Sørheim

"Bjørn Sørheim" skrev i melding

Jan Panteltje wrote:

[...]

Never mind! I have discovered that one sees the rear wheel from the inside.
120 deg view makes it elongated. It seems perfectly ok...
So go MSL, just GO!

Bjørn

Old August 7th 12, 08:54 AM posted to sci.astro
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 6 Aug 2012 21:25:12 +0200) it happened "Bjørn Sørheim"
wrote in
:

This is the link:
http://www.ustream.tv/nasajpl

ET

But looking at that image with one of the wheels, facing nortwest into the
sun,
it doesn't exactly look round? What is what there? Is something sticking
to the wheel e.g. a part of the heat shield.? Or is the wheel damaged??
I don't think that whole distortion is done by the fisheye lens either.
Are someone able to point out what is the wheel and what the rest is?
The most supicious part is the lowermost 'component'.

(I know that that thing in the lower corner is a spring for the lens cap.)

Bjørn Sørheim

I find the image you refer to here now, with a lot of new stuff:
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2012-231
I think this is still distortion of the picture due to the lens, and the angle of the wheel
Yes there is dust too.

They processed the picture to in a big way, gamma and contrast changes.

What was funny in the live transmission I did see something fly over that picture..
Mars insects??? No, they were moving the cursor over it processing it...
Its a picture not a movie....

We wil get better and color picts later I am sure, with better look at the wheels perhps.

What we all hope to see is this of course:
http://panteltje.com/panteltje/space...ills-bunny.jpg