The North Koreans can't get it up

Old April 15th 12, 12:32 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_3_]

Default The North Koreans can't get it up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwangmy%C5%8Fngs%C5%8Fng-3
Old April 16th 12, 01:06 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Apr 14, 7:32*pm, Alan Erskine wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwangmy%C5%8Fngs%C5%8Fng-3

i do wonder if a super secret weapon may have been used to stop north
koreas launch...........

perhaps a electronic countermeasure aimed right at the rocket......
Old April 16th 12, 01:38 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Orval Fairbairn

In article
,
bob haller wrote:

On Apr 14, 7:32*pm, Alan Erskine wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwangmy%C5%8Fngs%C5%8Fng-3

i do wonder if a super secret weapon may have been used to stop north
koreas launch...........

perhaps a electronic countermeasure aimed right at the rocket......

Attached is a purported video of the launch:
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2...-korean-rocket
-launch.gif
Old April 16th 12, 04:07 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Saturday, April 14, 2012 4:32:39 PM UTC-7, Alan Erskine wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwangmy%C5%8Fngs%C5%8Fng-3

They powered it with too much soy.
Old April 16th 12, 01:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_2_]

In article e497ef77-331b-4cbc-a48a-d92a51b621a8
@k6g2000vbz.googlegroups.com, says...

On Apr 14, 7:32*pm, Alan Erskine wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwangmy%C5%8Fngs%C5%8Fng-3

i do wonder if a super secret weapon may have been used to stop north
koreas launch...........

perhaps a electronic countermeasure aimed right at the rocket......

It's *far* more likely that their ICBM was a p.o.s. and it fell apart
like the Scud missiles in the first Gulf War.

Jeff
--
" Ares 1 is a prime example of the fact that NASA just can't get it
up anymore... and when they can, it doesn't stay up long. "
Old April 16th 12, 08:26 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Orval Fairbairn

In article
31510045.1550.1334545632090.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@pbje9,
wrote:

On Saturday, April 14, 2012 4:32:39 PM UTC-7, Alan Erskine wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwangmy%C5%8Fngs%C5%8Fng-3

They powered it with too much soy.

Nope -- too much kimchee
Old April 16th 12, 09:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

In article e497ef77-331b-4cbc-a48a-d92a51b621a8
, says...

On Apr 14, 7:32 pm, Alan Erskine wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwangmy%C5%8Fngs%C5%8Fng-3

i do wonder if a super secret weapon may have been used to stop north
koreas launch...........

perhaps a electronic countermeasure aimed right at the rocket......

It's *far* more likely that their ICBM was a p.o.s. and it fell apart
like the Scud missiles in the first Gulf War.

I tend to agree,but I can see an excellent excuse for a field exercise of a
directed beam weapon.

Kill quite a few birds with a single stone.

I doubt it, but honestly, wouldn't rule it out. I just think it's more
likely they screwed up.

Jeff

Old April 16th 12, 09:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Doug Freyburger

Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

I just think it's more likely they screwed up.

I think they haven't had enough failures to be able to figure out what
right means for big rockets. Multistage rockets are not easy to get
right. Multistage rockets are extremely easy to get wrong.
Old April 16th 12, 10:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"Doug Freyburger" wrote in message ...

Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

I just think it's more likely they screwed up.

I think they haven't had enough failures to be able to figure out what
right means for big rockets. Multistage rockets are not easy to get
right. Multistage rockets are extremely easy to get wrong.

The question is, can they import enough Estes - G engines to make another
attempt?

Old April 16th 12, 11:33 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jochem Huhmann

Doug Freyburger writes:

Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

I just think it's more likely they screwed up.

I think they haven't had enough failures to be able to figure out what
right means for big rockets. Multistage rockets are not easy to get
right. Multistage rockets are extremely easy to get wrong.

And the first shot to orbit wasn't quick for anyone. If you haven't got
enough resources even to keep your people from starving this won't get
easier. But they will manage it sooner or later. But then they still
only will have a very fragile launcher (not an ICBM at all) with too
less payload to be any threat and until they have solved that, they'll
be starved for good.

NK really doesn't make me loss any sleep at night.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."

The Koreans are all loony Ian Parker Policy 22 January 13th 09 10:52 AM
NLC from up north James O'Neill UK Astronomy 6 July 5th 04 06:55 PM
True North Andrew Cockburn UK Astronomy 11 April 30th 04 06:46 PM
Where is north? david UK Astronomy 3 January 1st 04 06:59 AM
possible nova in north sky? cndc Amateur Astronomy 5 August 16th 03 12:42 PM