Hitler finds out Obama cuts Constellation

Old February 8th 10, 04:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
David Spain

Default Hitler finds out Obama cuts Constellation

From Rand Simberg's blog to YouTube to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weGtoY-Vlik

How Iron Sky really began....

Cancel my NASAtv as well.....

Dave
Old February 8th 10, 04:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
David Spain

Oh yeah, just in case,

:-)

Old February 8th 10, 08:01 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:
From Rand Simberg's blog to YouTube to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weGtoY-Vlik

How Iron Sky really began....

Where would You Tube be without the movie "Downfall"?

Pat
Old February 8th 10, 03:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Neil Gerace[_3_]

OM wrote:

but at the same time not paying them in
lieu of not suing them for copyright infringements by posting the
clips to YouTube in the first place.

It doesn't come under fair use or parody, I take it?

Old February 8th 10, 03:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_789_]

"Neil Gerace" wrote in message
OM wrote:

but at the same time not paying them in
lieu of not suing them for copyright infringements by posting the
clips to YouTube in the first place.

It doesn't come under fair use or parody, I take it?

"It depends". Both are subject to review. Just because YOU claim it's fair
use of material, the original owner may disagree. Then it can go to court.
Same with parody.

I suspect it would pretty much clearly fall under "parody" at this point,
but IANAL.

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old February 8th 10, 07:19 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Neil Gerace wrote:

It doesn't come under fair use or parody, I take it?

I'd say it comes under parody.
The closest analogy in cinema is Woody Allen's "What's Up, Tiger Lily?":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061177/quotes
....where he took a cheap Japanese spy movie and added a whole new
soundtrack to it.
It's become almost a artform on You Tube; what will Hitler be ****ed off
about this week?

Pat
Old February 11th 10, 02:49 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Jonathan

news
OM wrote:

but at the same time not paying them in
lieu of not suing them for copyright infringements by posting the
clips to YouTube in the first place.

It doesn't come under fair use or parody, I take it?

"It depends". Both are subject to review. Just because YOU claim it's fair
use of material, the original owner may disagree. Then it can go to court.
Same with parody.

You have to distinguish between commercial and private speech
when it comes to copyright issues and the Internet. Private
Internet speech has a special place in the law, the Supreme
Court has given Internet speech the highest level of
First Amendment protection that exists.

So when it comes to things like some individual posting
either here or to something like YouTube, if there's no /money /
being gained, just about anything goes. Including reposting any
portion, or even all, of any copyrighted material.

A usenet conversation, or Internet rant, has the same legal character
as a conversation in a living room. It's nol illegal for me to read
any or all of a copyrighted book to someone else in the privacy
of my living room. Neither is it here.

People still cling to the notion that Internet speech is some form of
publishing. That's only true if it's for profit. Otherswise it's now speech
in the US. This was changed with the US Supreme Court Case
Reno vs. ACLU back in '97.

Reno v ACLU

"....and concluded that the Internet--as "the most participatory form
of mass speech yet developed," id., at 883--is entitled to
"the highest protection from governmental intrusion,"

As far as public domain, it's simple.

"Publishers may either make their material available to the entire pool
of Internet users, or confine access to a selected group, such as those
willing to pay for the privilege. "No single organization controls any
membership in the Web,"
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bi...=521&invol=844

As it should be.

Jonathan

Old February 12th 10, 12:06 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
[email protected]

Great piece, but I'm at a loss as to the 'Jersey Shore' reference. I'm
assuming it has to do with the TV show, but I'm missing the connection.
Old February 12th 10, 01:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Feb 11, 6:06*pm, " wrote:
Great piece, but I'm at a loss as to the 'Jersey Shore' reference. I'm
assuming it has to do with the TV show, but I'm missing the connection.

I didn't understand that one, either.

When I was giving it some thought, it came to me that what Hitler
should have ordered the group out of the room with the words,
"Everyone who didn't watch the Apollo 11 landing, get out!"

I gotta get that movie.

...Miami Herald... Obama Review of Constellation due this August! Jonathan History 0 May 25th 09 07:30 PM
*own* obama mother NOT WELCOME - 'Skunk' says obama preacher [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 March 24th 08 08:56 PM
the 7 cuts of galen Zomp SETI 0 July 17th 07 07:10 AM
Big ISS cuts Pat Flannery History 3 April 23rd 05 09:13 PM
Power cuts Martin Frey UK Astronomy 12 August 15th 03 07:03 PM