My very first digital astrophoto!

Old March 24th 07, 01:25 AM posted to sci.astro
Barry

Default My very first digital astrophoto!

Hello people,
I just added a new Canon EOS400D camera to the observatory. At this
stage I still havent the adaptor to put it into the telescope, but I
did practice a few shots using the camera's standard telephoto lens,
mounted piggyback on top of the telescope, using the scope as a
tracking platform only.

This, amomg many, is an idea of what this camera can do. remember,
this is my first night with the camera so the tracking is not perfect
and the focus is slightly out. I will be learning how to improve on
this in time. I know nothing about this camera, not much about
photography in general and even less about how to manipulate the image
using software. It took me a couple of hours just to work out how to
compress it small enough for emails. This also may atribute a little
image quality loss.
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/a...9&d=1174697421

Stay tuned on the website for the additions of astrophotos on the
astrophotography page.

http://www.aussiepeople.com.au/asignobservatory/

God bless,

Barry.

Q for the Astrophoto types Kevin M. Vernon Amateur Astronomy 7 December 6th 04 12:07 PM
Astrophoto hell(p) Neil Booker UK Astronomy 13 January 6th 04 07:25 PM
Another Astrophoto Amatuer JK Amateur Astronomy 6 December 28th 03 06:09 AM
Astrophoto Chip Christen Misc 2 October 22nd 03 04:26 PM
AstroPhoto Question Roman Svihorik Amateur Astronomy 2 August 3rd 03 07:14 PM