What are the chances that we're just blind(ed) ?

Old February 21st 19, 07:03 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sylvia Else[_3_]

Default What are the chances that we're just blind(ed) ?

On 17/02/2019 2:04 pm, Jeff-Relf.Me@. wrote:
95% of our galaxy is "dark matter" ( unseen mass );
it's spherical, like earth, not a disk,
and it's denser in the middle, like earth.

What are the chances that we're just blind(ed) ?
Just because we haven't seen it, doesn't mean it isn't viewable.

What do you mean by this?

a) Dark matter emits light, but it all just happens to be blocked from
our view by other matter?

b) Dark matter emits light, but we've just failed to look in the right
direction?

c) Dark matter emits a kind of light beyond our understanding that we
can't detect?

d) Something else.

(a) and (b) are highly improbable.

(c) is pseudo-scientific meaningless drivel.

(d) what else?

Old February 21st 19, 09:02 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Starmaker

Default Staring into the "hot fire" of the microwave background.

Jeff-Relf.Me, @. wrote:

Sylvia to me:
95% of our galaxy is "dark matter" ( unseen mass );
it's spherical, like earth, not a disk,
and it's denser in the middle, like earth.

What are the chances that we're just blind(ed) ?
Just because we haven't seen it, doesn't mean it isn't viewable.

[ We're limited to 3 "improbable/meaningless" options ]

Good thing your "eyesight" and IMAGINATION are flawless, right ?

Staring into the "hot fire" of the microwave background
might've blinded us, so we can't see "Meta-ColdDarkMatter"
( mCDM; cold, decayed particles; LOW ENERGY physics ).

Take a grape..
cut it in
four parts
and
put it inside a microwave oven...
Old February 22nd 19, 08:40 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Starmaker

Sylvia Else wrote:

On 17/02/2019 2:04 pm, Jeff-Relf.Me@. wrote:
95% of our galaxy is "dark matter" ( unseen mass );
it's spherical, like earth, not a disk,
and it's denser in the middle, like earth.

What are the chances that we're just blind(ed) ?
Just because we haven't seen it, doesn't mean it isn't viewable.

What do you mean by this?

a) Dark matter emits light, but it all just happens to be blocked from
our view by other matter?

b) Dark matter emits light, but we've just failed to look in the right
direction?

c) Dark matter emits a kind of light beyond our understanding that we
can't detect?

d) Something else.

(a) and (b) are highly improbable.

(c) is pseudo-scientific meaningless drivel.

(d) what else?

Dark matter is matter that is soooo far away..that you cannot see the
light that it emits.

a few trillion miles away..

Old February 22nd 19, 09:20 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sylvia Else[_3_]

On 22/02/2019 6:40 pm, The Starmaker wrote:
Sylvia Else wrote:

[...]

We can see stuff that's near the edge of the universe, so far away that
its light started out soon after the big bang. I don't think distance is
a problem.

Sylvia.
Old February 22nd 19, 07:39 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Starmaker

Sylvia Else wrote:

[...]

Sorry, my mistake...I meant to write a few trillion light years away.

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
Old February 23rd 19, 07:24 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Starmaker

Sylvia Else wrote:

[...]

That means...Before the big bang...before Time...where Time doesn't
exist. Very far away.

Very, very far away...

where Light doesn't travel.

But I undrstand...yous have differculty or not allowed to...think
outside of your box.

Yous people, in your 'community' have certain...tabboos,

like, you're not allowed to say "No ateroids killed the dinosaurs."

You can say "volcanos killed the dinosaurs" as long as you say/include
"right after the ateroids killed them"

You can say "a Tismonia drowned all the dinosaurs" as long as you
say/include "right after the ateroids killed them".

But , you're not allowed to say "No ateroids killed the dinosaurs." You
need permission first.

You're not allowed to say the universe is 20.7 billions old unless you
get prermission first from ...your leaders.

I understand. They, 'they' will threaten to kill all your funding you
try to get...

you will be...Expunged.

They will throw you in the 'crackpot' den...

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
Old February 23rd 19, 07:30 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Sylvia Else wrote:
[...]

snipped to end

It is my understanding of the speed of light is when a photon
reaches this speed time for the photon stops passing. IOW,
for a photon at the speed of light time ceases to be. There
are no billions or trillions of years for that photon. For it the
universe is static and forever with no beginning or no end.

Sort of what God Almighty says in the Bible.

--

Everybødy here likes Yøurs Truly,
Gregøry Hall - Bømbastic Løudmøuth øf the Søuth
Old February 24th 19, 08:42 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity,comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Starmaker

The Starmaker wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:

[...]

But, I aleady explained what this 'dark matter' is...

it appears to me to look like..someone sleeping, maybe having a dream..
it looks like this thing you call 'dark matter' is actually a
huge brain...sleeping...dreaming.

I don't know if you are the dream, all I know it apears that this thing you call dark matter is
just someone having a dream.

Just so you know...in case someone ask.

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---