The Red Sands of Mars

Old September 11th 18, 04:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default The Red Sands of Mars

If we could only get it to rain on the desert planet. I would bet the scientists

could if they manage their chemistry and physics. Then we can grow

plants there and get Mars' oxygen atmosphere back. And we will have a second

planet to play on.
Old September 11th 18, 06:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 8:39:15 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
If we could only get it to rain on the desert planet. I would bet the scientists

could if they manage their chemistry and physics. Then we can grow

plants there and get Mars' oxygen atmosphere back. And we will have a second

planet to play on. On Mars you live inside your space suit if you go outside your under ground cave.Mars has only 1% atmosphere,and no pressure.No way for Sun's harmful radiation to be filtered We best send robots they can do it all.My idea is robot's in size of big ants.Bert

Old September 11th 18, 06:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"homoreber G=emc^2" wrote:
"My idea is robot's in size of big ants.Bert". Wrong

since https://tinyurl.com/Trump-is-walking-all-over-Bert

snicker-chuckle-chortle- ROTFLMAO. "O ya"

Old September 11th 18, 07:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Sylvain[_4_]

Le 11/09/2018 Ã* 17:39, Mark Earnest a écritÂ*:
If we could only get it to rain on the desert planet. I would bet the scientists

could if they manage their chemistry and physics. Then we can grow

plants there and get Mars' oxygen atmosphere back. And we will have a second

planet to play on.

The water phase diagram shows that the water have a triple point at
0.01°C and 611Pa

And the surface pressure of the Mars is between 610 and 636Pa

Very just to have liquid water

And Mars is leaking. It's losing 3 000 tons of his atmosphere by years.
The atmospheric pressure decrease, in 3.5 billion years Mars will be
like the moon
Old September 11th 18, 10:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 10:06:16 AM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 8:39:15 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
If we could only get it to rain on the desert planet. I would bet the scientists

could if they manage their chemistry and physics. Then we can grow

plants there and get Mars' oxygen atmosphere back. And we will have a second

planet to play on. On Mars you live inside your space suit if you go outside your under ground cave.Mars has only 1% atmosphere,and no pressure.No way for Sun's harmful radiation to be filtered We best send robots they can do it all.My idea is robot's in size of big ants.Bert

When you were a kid, did you ever have a bubble come up in you nose from a soda you were drinking? Burned, didn't it! That is probably what it would feel like to be breathing Mars' CO2 atmosphere!

Double-A

Old September 12th 18, 04:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy
a425couple

On 9/11/2018 8:39 AM, Mark Earnest wrote:
If we could only get it to rain on the desert planet. I would
bet the scientists could if they manage their chemistry and physics.

I'd suggest you read "The sands of Mars".

"The Sands of Mars" is the first novel written in 1952
by Arthur Clarke.
The "goodreads" rating of 3.72 is fair, perhaps even
generous. If you feel you need to read one more Clarke
novel, it is fine to read.

Even more so than in his other books, it is interesting
how he gets some things 'right', and some things far wrong,
(file cabinets & typewriters on a space ship, messages
to a passenger in a sealed envelope, garbage including paper
just jettisoned out & flying along with coasting ship, etc.)
Certainly has some precursors to his "2001" and other books.

I always find Clarke's imagination interesting as he envisions
the life of plants and animals that have developed off of earth.

Here are some citations with a variety of opinions and information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sands_of_Mars

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/..._Sands_of_Mars

https://www.amazon.com/Sands-Mars-Ar.../dp/B00AHKJD74

or listen to a reading of it he
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRztotQsu84

Old September 12th 18, 06:35 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Arc Michael

Winner!
Old September 12th 18, 01:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 10:21:06 PM UTC-5, a425couple wrote:
[...]

Clarke is excellent in English and has enough imagination to keep us

entertained for the full length of one of his books. He wrote mostly in times

when almost nothing was known about Mars and I think he did pretty good. I

always loved his book and movie, "The Martian Chronicles."

Old September 13th 18, 03:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 11:11:01 AM UTC-7, Sylvain wrote:
Le 11/09/2018 Ã* 17:39, Mark Earnest a écritÂ*:
If we could only get it to rain on the desert planet. I would bet the scientists

could if they manage their chemistry and physics. Then we can grow

plants there and get Mars' oxygen atmosphere back. And we will have a second

planet to play on.

The water phase diagram shows that the water have a triple point at
0.01°C and 611Pa

And the surface pressure of the Mars is between 610 and 636Pa

Very just to have liquid water

And Mars is leaking. It's losing 3 000 tons of his atmosphere by years.
The atmospheric pressure decrease, in 3.5 billion years Mars will be
like the moon

Mars is a lot like the moon now.Craters,mountains,sand,dust and no water.Also sun's high energy photons seperate the water molecule into its two elements.So moon and Mars can have no surface water.Also moon and Mars can have no surface microbes/. As I been posting Mars has to drill 50 feet down to see microbes.Not hard for a probing robot.Bert
Old September 13th 18, 03:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"homoreber G=emc^2" wrote:
Bert's arse is a lot like the moon now. As SwineBert been posting
that "Tremendous https://tinyurl.com/Trump-is-walking-all-over-Bert
with fire and fury like the world has never seen before"

snicker-chuckle-chortle- ROTFLMAO. "O ya"