Autoguiding

Old July 21st 10, 06:30 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
john p davies

Default Autoguiding

Hi Group,

I am entering the autoguiding route to astropix and wondered if it was
possible to connect the autoguider directly to my EQ6 (none GO-TO )
instead of the hand controller. I have bought a SYNGuider and it seems
to indicate that this is not possible but doesn't say why although the
cables and connectors all fit. I am not electronically minded so please
keep any answer simple!

Thanks,

JPD
--
John P Davies
Old July 22nd 10, 08:47 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Neil[_2_]

"John P Davies" wrote in message
Hi Group,

I am entering the autoguiding route to astropix

Not long entered it myself so my answer might be of little help.

and wondered if it was
possible to connect the autoguider directly to my EQ6 (none GO-TO )
instead of the hand controller. I have bought a SYNGuider and it seems
to indicate that this is not possible but doesn't say why although the
cables and connectors all fit.

I've no idea about a SYNGuider. I bought an ATIK 16ic for autoguiding which
has an ST4 autoguiding port on it which connects to the ST4 port on my
EQ6pro. If your mount & autoguider have these ports then you should be able
to do it, if not, then...

HTH

Neil