ASTRO: IC 5146

Old September 8th 10, 06:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_6_]

Default ASTRO: IC 5146

Saturday night was a wash due to a faulty battery (which was a shame because
not only was the sky very clear that night, but the seeing was the best I've
seen in a long time, with low humidity to boot), but Sunday was pretty
productive. I know most of you take hours and hours of images of one
object, and I do plan to get there some day when I have a proper filter
wheel. But last weekend presented such fantastically clear skies, that I
had to try as many objects as I could. I did concentrate on a couple of
objects though, on of them being IC 5146, the Cocoon Nebula.

About the photo:

6 five-minute exposures at ISO 800, for a total of 30 minutes,
one five-minute dark

Equipment:

Modified Konus 200 f5 Newtonian with Baader coma corrector
80 mm Orion shorty for autoguiding with the starshooter autoguider
Losmandy G-11 Gemini Go To on the large Losmandy tripod
Hutech Modified Canon T1i with UV Infrared cut astronomy filter (allows
transmission of Ha)

Taken On Sunday, September 5, 2010 at Taylorsville Lake, Anderson County,
Kentucky.

Processing softwa

Maxim DL 5.08?
Deepsky stacker
Adobe Photoshop CS2 extended.

Enjoy,

George

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IC 5146b.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	788.1 KB
ID:	3120
Old September 10th 10, 01:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Glen Youman

Lots of detail. Impressed with you results.

Old September 11th 10, 05:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_6_]

"glen youman" wrote in message
Lots of detail. Impressed with you results.

Thanks, Glen. I wish I had taken more shot of it, though.

George