M3 M13 at last

Old June 11th 05, 12:00 AM
Reddog

Default M3 M13 at last

OK, so I expect all you 'old hands' will have seen these before, but
tonight was my first time, what with not being able to see the sky
through the haze, street lights, london's night glow, bedroom /
bathroom lights left on at night etc. Oh and fact that it has taken
ages to get the Meade autostar to work so that it tracks a star that I
can recognise!

'There, it's focused, take a look at M13', I said to my 10 year old,
who, very much past his bedtime, was hoping I would just give up.

'Nope I can't see it, just a few faint stars and a smudge on the
lens'.

'Er, the smudge is M13'.

'Oh, er great Dad... can I go to bed now?'

'Ok, thanks for staying up. That was fun, right?'.

'Er, of course it was Dad'.

Mmm, thinks, better get a 6 or 8 inch then.

Reddog.
Old June 11th 05, 12:03 AM
CLT

Congrats. A first is a first, no matter what it is, or how long it takes to
get there.

What scope are you using?

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

To reply, remove Delete and change period com to period net
************************************************** ************

Old June 11th 05, 02:51 AM
Reddog

Congrats. A first is a first, no matter what it is, or how long it takes to
get there.

What scope are you using?

Meade DS114 ( F910mm, f/8, Quasar) with Autostar handset and
motor drives. The tripod is a bit shaky!

Do you observe the moon?

I have and shall once its up and the sky is clear!

Did you see my post earlier 'Cheap ebay 6", 8" refelctors...'
Any comments?
Old June 11th 05, 04:56 AM
CLT

Did you see my post earlier 'Cheap ebay 6", 8" refelctors...'
Any comments?

A friend of mine had an opportunity to look through an ebay scope and found
a spherical mirror.

:-(