Visual back for Celestron 9.25"

Old January 24th 04, 05:16 PM
Vjekoslav Babic

Default Visual back for Celestron 9.25"

Does anyone know which 2" visual back is suitable for Celestron 9.25" SCT?
It originally came with 1.25" visual back and I would now like to upgrade it
to 2".

I have bought a 2" diagonal which, when I unthread the back barrel from it,
threads fine to the OTA. The retailer did not have any 2" visual backs and
he told me the diagonal would fit to the 9.25" tube, but now I seem to have
focusing problems and I believe the collimation is almost impossible to
reach, not to mention it is lost as soon as I change the setup angle to more
comfortable viewing position.

Celestron lists the #93792 2" visual back on their site, however it also
says it fits the 11" and 14" SCT's only. What type of 2" visual backs and
from which vendors are available to me now?

Clear skies,

Vjeko

Old January 24th 04, 05:51 PM
Chris1011

Does anyone know which 2" visual back is suitable for Celestron 9.25" SCT?

This product can be found on the Astro-Physics web site
(http://astro-physics.com/)

The following will bring you to the page that has all the accessories including
the 2" adapter for the C9.25:
http://astro-physics.com/index.htm?p...dap/focus_adap

Roland Christen

Old January 24th 04, 06:03 PM
Chuck

The AP 2" visual back is real nice, I have one, compression ring fit, nice
machining like all of the AP stuff.

Old January 24th 04, 10:35 PM
Rod Mollise

Does anyone know which 2" visual back is suitable for Celestron 9.25" SCT?
It originally came with 1.25" visual back and I would now like to upgrade it
to 2".

Hi:

Any of the 2" visual backs/ 2" adapters sold for SCTs will work: AP, Intes,
TeleVue, etc. If you're actually unscrewing the barrel and threading the
diagonal onto the rear port...well...don't do that. ;-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

Old January 24th 04, 10:35 PM
Rod Mollise

Does anyone know which 2" visual back is suitable for Celestron 9.25" SCT?
It originally came with 1.25" visual back and I would now like to upgrade it
to 2".

Hi:

Any of the 2" visual backs/ 2" adapters sold for SCTs will work: AP, Intes,
TeleVue, etc. If you're actually unscrewing the barrel and threading the
diagonal onto the rear port...well...don't do that. ;-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html

Solar Probe is back? Christopher M. Jones Policy 4 July 1st 04 08:06 AM
Pres. Kerry's NASA ed kyle Policy 354 March 11th 04 07:05 PM
Is it feasible to land on Mars and come back? Chung Leong Technology 16 January 18th 04 12:44 AM
Let's go to Mars - but why come back? Mantra Space Science Misc 5 August 31st 03 10:00 PM
UK Astronomers Look Forward To Looking Back (SIRTF) Ron Baalke Science 0 August 20th 03 05:08 PM