Lame attempts at propulsion. Go to Mars? Will it take 1000 years?

Old October 14th 15, 04:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Lame attempts at propulsion. Go to Mars? Will it take 1000 years?

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 10:37:57 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 11:38:43 AM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:

P.S. I had coffee coming out of my nose when I read his "Conservative radio
hosts are more popular, more intelligent, more informed, generally more
eloquent,..."

You left out the part about the conservatives having the truth on their side.

Well, that part wasn't so funny; it was only to be expected, because your
viewpoint is conservative.

I'm aware of liberal TV hosts, like Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, and Rosie O'Donnell but I don't know of any liberal radio hosts, although I'm sure there are some on NPR.

John Savard
Old October 14th 15, 06:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 9:41:45 AM UTC-5, Chris.B wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 October 2015 21:28:11 UTC+2, Uncarollo2 wrote:

Yip yip yip - here comes the little pesky doggie again, trying to catch the car.

Does the Volt come with a free doggie prod to fend off irritating mutts? ;ø]

They may be missing a sales trick here.

Why yes indeed! There is a taser attached, gets its juice from the 280 volt battery. Works like a champ, even keeps pesky little dogs from ****ing on the car.
Old October 14th 15, 06:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 10:54:26 AM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 8:06:55 AM UTC-6, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 04:42:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Conservative radio hosts are more popular, more intelligent, more informed, generally more eloquent, and have the truth on their side, whereas liberal hosts quickly get tiresome and silly given all the stuff they like to make up.

I see you're out on release again. Every time they let you out of
rehab, the IQ of these discussions drops a few more points.

Just because he makes a political statement you find wildly inaccurate doesn't
mean you should give him ammunition by making exaggerated personal accusations
that you know perfectly well are false. I can understand why you feel he
doesn't deserve civility, but this sort of thing really does (have the
potential to) make you look bad.

The parenthetical was added since I have to admit you're not in too much
danger; he may not realize it, but he makes himself look bad well enough to
make his complaints in this area fall on generally deaf ears.

John Savard

Aw shucks, you mean I can't make pesky dog jokes either?
Old October 15th 15, 01:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 11:54:26 AM UTC-4, Quadibloc wrote:
On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 8:06:55 AM UTC-6, Chris L Peterson wrote:

I see you're out on release again. Every time they let you out of
rehab, the IQ of these discussions drops a few more points.

Just because he makes a political statement you find wildly inaccurate doesn't
mean you should give him ammunition by making exaggerated personal accusations
that you know perfectly well are false.

peterson is well aware that much of what he says is false and misleading, and if not those two, then ambiguous and/or half-truths.

I can understand why you feel he
doesn't deserve civility,

Tell us why you feel that way. Show your work.
Old October 15th 15, 01:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 1:20:00 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:

Aw shucks, you mean I can't make pesky dog jokes either?

Anyone as pathetic as you shouldn't joke about anything.