breaking the law of physics\maybe?

Old October 30th 12, 01:27 PM
brian johnson brian johnson is offline
Junior Member

Default breaking the law of physics\maybe?

If the universe is 13.7 billion years old and has been expanding from a single point of originfollowing the big bang, and the hubble deep feild is viewing galaxies 13 billion light years away, essentially your looking 13 billion light years away 13 billion years into the pastnow if I am correct, and scientist calculations are somewhat accurate about the universe expanding from a single point, then that would mean the universal speed limit of light must have been broken. Maybe even 10 times or more the speed of light that the galaxies are expanding away from us. and if the limit has not been broken and if the big bang theory is correct then, the universe must be billions maybe 10s of billions years older than scientists have originally estimated. Please some intelligent feedback would be appreciated
Old November 17th 12, 02:32 PM posted to sci.space.science
Steve Willner

In article ,
brian johnson writes:
If the universe is 13.7 billion years old and has been expanding from a
single point of origin

"Expanding from a single point" is not the current model and is
inconsistent with observations.

I don't entirely follow the rest of the question, but it seems to be
a version of a FAQ. I recommend Ned Wright's cosmology tutorial:
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmolog.htm
and especially a couple of FAQs:
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/co...y_faq.html#ct2
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmology_faq.html#DN

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA

Old November 18th 12, 09:05 PM posted to sci.space.science
Brian Gaff

In my minds eye, I see two energy fields crossing each other and at the head
of the points where they cross I see an ongoing creation, but we cannot of
course see this as we are closed inside our universe.

Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.

The email is valid as
Blind user.
"Steve Willner" wrote in message
brian johnson writes:
If the universe is 13.7 billion years old and has been expanding from a
single point of origin

"Expanding from a single point" is not the current model and is
inconsistent with observations.

I don't entirely follow the rest of the question, but it seems to be
a version of a FAQ. I recommend Ned Wright's cosmology tutorial:
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmolog.htm
and especially a couple of FAQs:
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/co...y_faq.html#ct2
http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmology_faq.html#DN

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA

Bordering on sci.space.speculation here... but allowed for now GdM.