Inflation and reality

Old January 19th 05, 05:14 PM
kjakja

Default Inflation and reality

As stated in Ned Wright's site, the furthest light sources we can see
are really over 31 billion light years away now or 62 billion light
years apart at the maximum due to expansion. Only the photons
we see started their trip 13 billion years ago.

We cannot use curvature, gravity, inflation as excuses for ignoring
real distances, especially if those theories are incorrect. Also, no
matter how fast inflation was or is, there is still an original central
point which is ignored due to lack of understanding of the physical
principals. As we learn reality, we stop making excuses for the
distance from point to point. If you go fast enough in a short time
perhaps you can overcome any forces and go in a straight line
60+ billion light years distance and still be in our universe.

Old January 19th 05, 05:26 PM
Bjoern Feuerbacher

kjakja wrote:
As stated in Ned Wright's site, the furthest light sources we can see
are really over 31 billion light years away now or 62 billion light
years apart at the maximum due to expansion. Only the photons
we see started their trip 13 billion years ago.

We cannot use curvature, gravity, inflation as excuses for ignoring
real distances,

Err, who says we ignore them?

And what has this to do with inflation? Are you *still* confusing
the normal expansion with inflation?

especially if those theories are incorrect.

Neither curvature nor gravity are theories.

Also, no
matter how fast inflation was or is, there is still an original central
point

No. Why do you think there should be one?

which is ignored due to lack of understanding of the physical
principals.

No, it is not ignored. It is simply pointed out that it
does not exist.

As we learn reality, we stop making excuses for the
distance from point to point. If you go fast enough in a short time
perhaps you can overcome any forces and go in a straight line
60+ billion light years distance and still be in our universe.

Try to understand the concept of "geodesic".

Bye,
Bjoern

Old January 19th 05, 05:40 PM
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)

Dear kjakja:

"kjakja" wrote in message
om...
As stated in Ned Wright's site, the furthest light sources we can see
are really over 31 billion light years away now or 62 billion light
years apart at the maximum due to expansion. Only the photons
we see started their trip 13 billion years ago.

URL:http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmolog.htm
.... section "Most Distant Object Record Smashed"

We cannot use curvature, gravity, inflation as excuses for ignoring
real distances,

What is "real"?

especially if those theories are incorrect.

Those theories provided the "distance" estimate, therefore your argument
dies immediately.

Also, no
matter how fast inflation was or is, there is still an original central
point which is ignored due to lack of understanding of the physical
principals.

No, there appears to be no "original central point", since we can see where
we are moving away from, and there isn't anything unusual in that
direction.

As we learn reality, we stop making excuses for the
distance from point to point. If you go fast enough in a short time
perhaps you can overcome any forces and go in a straight line
60+ billion light years distance and still be in our universe.

Certainly, through the magic of closed space you can. Do you notice that
car races manage to clock many hundreds of kilometers, and do it on a track
that is just a few kilometers in length?

David A. Smith