Anti-gravity Waves

Old January 17th 05, 05:05 AM
Asimov

Default Anti-gravity Waves

Hi,

If gravity waves are predicted by theory then shouldn't anti-gravity
waves also be possible?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... This stellar body conforms to Einstein's theory of Relativity

Old January 18th 05, 02:36 AM
ah

Asimov wrote:
Hi,

If gravity waves are predicted by theory then shouldn't anti-gravity
waves also be possible?

Yes.

Think of it like this:

Chemical booster rockets able to propel us to the Moon became avaliable a short
time after 1900 AD.

The necessary vehicle did not exist in 212 AD, but it still was "possible".
--
ah
Old January 18th 05, 06:04 AM
Asimov

"ah" bravely wrote to "All" (18 Jan 05 01:36:37)
--- on the heady topic of " Anti-gravity Waves"

ah From: ah
ah Organization: happy
ah Subject: Anti-gravity Waves
ah Xref: aeinews sci.astro:6809

ah Asimov wrote:
Hi,

If gravity waves are predicted by theory then shouldn't anti-gravity
waves also be possible?

ah Yes.

ah Think of it like this:

ah Chemical booster rockets able to propel us to the Moon became
ah avaliable a short time after 1900 AD.

ah The necessary vehicle did not exist in 212 AD, but it still was
ah "possible". --

If we were talking about inventing something then anything (or almost)
is possible. What I meant is that normal matter exhibits an attractive
gravitational effect but so does anti-matter. However, my question is
about a repulsive gravitational effect. For example is the newly
discovered acceleration of the BB expansion caused by an unknown
repulsive form of gravity or something else?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.

Old January 18th 05, 09:16 PM
George Dishman

"Asimov" wrote in message
snip

If we were talking about inventing something then anything (or almost)
is possible. What I meant is that normal matter exhibits an attractive
gravitational effect but so does anti-matter. However, my question is
about a repulsive gravitational effect. For example is the newly
discovered acceleration of the BB expansion caused by an unknown
repulsive form of gravity or something else?

That is still open to question AIUI. WMAP went
some way to eliminating some theories

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_mm/mr_limits.html

If you track down the relevant papers, you may
will get more detail.

George