[FWD] Flashes, booms reported over Washington

Old June 4th 04, 11:41 AM
bob haller

Flashes, booms reported over Washington

What if the rock happens to do some damage on the ground? say some homes or a
school, both hopefully unoccupied.

Will that give nasa a new important mission?

Given kerrys campaign commercial knocking bushes moon and mars idea. A nice
impact might be the only way to get nasa moving again
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old June 4th 04, 02:28 PM
Tamas Feher

Flashes, booms reported over Washington

What if the rock happens to do some damage on the ground?
say some homes or a school, both hopefully unoccupied.

Will that give nasa a new important mission?

Millions of people live on / near active volcanos, that can and
sometimes do kill them in a matter of minutes.

Tornados bankrupt tens of thousands of yankee farmers, who are stupid
enough to occupy Manitou's land.

It is 1000 times more likely than a deep space impact, that San
Francisco will be flattened by an earthquake.

Thanks to Uncle Sam spewing all dirt into the air, global warming and
rising sea levels will kill or drive away hundreds of millions of people
in the next decades, causing brutal wars, famine, epidemics and all
other kinds of humanitarian disasters.

A celestial object visiting us through the roof is the least of our
concern. Of course, neocons and Tellers want to find some excuse to
develop brand new wonder weapons and death rays.

Old June 4th 04, 03:32 PM
OM

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:16:48 -0500, Damon Hill
wrote:

(Derek Lyons) wrote in
:

We really must have a NW ss* get together one of these days.

Darn right. I've got the back yard and the grill, or we can meet at
the Museum of Flight. I still say we get a couple of microbrews in Brad
and he'd probably loosen up a bit.

....Well, as you'll recall we were looking at doing an ssh gathering at
KSC for '00 or '01, and rk had started on the preliminary footwork,
but the **** that the Maxson trash caused wound up souring the whole
deal as, then, we didn't know just how chicken **** the whole family
was, and there was some fear that the little hire-a-pig would show up
and start shooting people in his father's sick name.

We really need to consider starting this up again. No sense letting
the terrorist scum screw with our fun any longer...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 4th 04, 03:46 PM
OM

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:00:58 -0700, Dale wrote:

Neither did I. I saw a pretty spectacular one about a month ago, but
it was more the size of a printer....

....That was probably one of those OfficeJets sent up to ISS back when
assembly started. IIRC, when it became apparent that HP wasn't going
to get it's **** together on it's W2K drivers, they were jettisoned in
protest.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 4th 04, 05:39 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-06-04, bob haller wrote:
Flashes, booms reported over Washington

What if the rock happens to do some damage on the ground? say some homes or a
school, both hopefully unoccupied.

Will that give nasa a new important mission?

It didn't any of the other times.

http://google.com/groups?selm=slrnbq...oc.d ur.ac.uk
is a list I put together a while ago about human injuries; I don't have
the source book to hand (a friend has it ATM), but you can take a
reasonable guess as to the order of magnitude.

(hint: infrastructure has a bigger footprint than people)

--
-Andrew Gray

Old June 4th 04, 05:50 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-06-04, Andrew Gray wrote:

It didn't any of the other times.

http://google.com/groups?selm=slrnbq...oc.d ur.ac.uk
is a list I put together a while ago about human injuries; I don't have
the source book to hand (a friend has it ATM), but you can take a
reasonable guess as to the order of magnitude.

"...this implies for property damage."

Bah. Fridays are getting to me :-)

--
-Andrew Gray

Old June 5th 04, 10:39 PM
bob haller

Such as the development of meteorite-resistant roofing materials? No doubt.

Gee If we had a serious strike, followed by a mankind killingimpact predicted
in say 15 years do you seriously believe we would just stand around waiting for
mankind to die?
HAVE A GREAT DAY!