Weather watching

Old November 11th 04, 07:52 PM
Tim Auton

Default Weather watching

I thought I might ask you all what resources you use to check on the
weather, primarily of course to see if it's going to be cloudy. For
those of us not living in Selsey this is of course a regular concern.

My current favourites a

For pretty pics of clouds:
http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/

To see where the wind might take those clouds:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/ukwind.shtml

and for more information and a look further into the futu
http://www.weatherweb.net/index_files/Page608.htm

Tim
--
Anyone who qualifies their comments with "just my
two cents" is usually over-valuing their contribution.
Old November 11th 04, 08:04 PM
Kev

"Tim Auton" wrote in message
I thought I might ask you all what resources you use to check on the
weather, primarily of course to see if it's going to be cloudy. For
those of us not living in Selsey this is of course a regular concern.

Was using bbc weather, now using metcheck.com

kev

Old November 11th 04, 08:31 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:52:38 +0000, Tim Auton
wrote:

I thought I might ask you all what resources you use to check on the
weather, primarily of course to see if it's going to be cloudy. For
those of us not living in Selsey this is of course a regular concern.

My current favourites a

For pretty pics of clouds:
http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/

To see where the wind might take those clouds:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/ukwind.shtml

and for more information and a look further into the futu
http://www.weatherweb.net/index_files/Page608.htm

Well, after several attempts at remembering the valid sites and
several kind people re-posting their favourite links, I put together
my own links list on my site (using information supplied by others).

Go to (that's an order) my site http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

In the menu on the left...
Expand the "Quick Links" node
Expand the "Astronomy" node
Expand the "Weather sites" node

It writes more complex than it is ;-)

They cover all of the UK including Selsey. I took a Selsey school
class of primary kids out to see the stars last evening. One of them
must have been jinxed because a beautiful clear sky clouded over.
That NEVER happens to me normally!

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old November 11th 04, 08:32 PM
Lawrence

I receive 'live' weather pictures from the satellites. Have a glance at Short
Wave Magazine ;-)

Lawrence

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:04:10 GMT, "Kev" wrote:

.. .

Old November 11th 04, 11:31 PM
Martin Frey

Pete Lawrence wrote:

They cover all of the UK including Selsey. I took a Selsey school
class of primary kids out to see the stars last evening. One of them
must have been jinxed because a beautiful clear sky clouded over.
That NEVER happens to me normally!

Fool. How many times must I tell you? NEVER act with children or
animals.

-----------------------------
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
N 51 01 52.2 E 0 47 21.1
-----------------------------
Old November 12th 04, 06:23 AM
Stephen Tonkin

Tim Auton wrote:
I thought I might ask you all what resources you use to check on the
weather,

http://www.met-office.gov.uk/lib/inc...anterbury.html and
http://www.met-office.gov.uk/lib/inc...ity/dover.html

http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/~idds/ima...7_0_latest.jpg

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +
Old November 12th 04, 09:50 AM
Alan Gardiner

"Tim Auton" wrote in message
I thought I might ask you all what resources you use to check on the
weather, primarily of course to see if it's going to be cloudy. For
those of us not living in Selsey this is of course a regular concern.

It's always worth reading the uk.sci.weather FAQ site at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/booty.w...nfo/uswfaq.htm

Full of useful information and links to other weather sites.

Alan

Old November 12th 04, 11:45 AM
Robert Geake

Tim,

http://www.meto.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html
This one is much more reliable than sat.dundee..

And of course astro weather produced by astro nut presented by astro nut!!!
http://www.weatherweb.net/astronomy.htm

Rob

Old November 12th 04, 04:23 PM
Grimble Gromble

"Tim Auton" wrote in message
I thought I might ask you all what resources you use to check on the
weather, primarily of course to see if it's going to be cloudy. For
those of us not living in Selsey this is of course a regular concern.

Stand outside. Point eyes skyward. Give up.
Grim

Old November 12th 04, 07:04 PM
Chris.B

Martin Frey guffawed!:

Fool. How many times must I tell you? NEVER act with children or
animals.

Martin Frey

Well it didn't seem to do Arnie any harm and he's going to be the next
president of the US of A! Or was it Brucey?

Chris.B

At home with the worst weather service in the world!

If they say "skorchio" it snows.
If the say "vedt" the sun beats down relentlessly.
If they say "still" 1/2 of Denmark loses its aerials!
They can't even tell me what it was like last week!
They defeat the 50-50 chance of being right every single day.
By being consistently and utterly wrong!
(Michael Fish would be proud)