ccd cam for sky watching

Old November 10th 03, 02:02 PM
Stuart Turrell

Default ccd cam for sky watching

i have attempted to mod my own toucam, but have failed too, so i want to
know where there is a place where i can buy cheap astronomical capable
cameras.

ideas please, i keep missing out on great photo taking opportunities, and
its frustrating!

Many thanks

Stu

Old November 10th 03, 03:43 PM
Robin Leadbeater

"Stuart Turrell" wrote in message
i have attempted to mod my own toucam, but have failed too, so i want to
know where there is a place where i can buy cheap astronomical capable
cameras.

ideas please, i keep missing out on great photo taking opportunities, and
its frustrating!

Hi Stu,

Perseu make cameras based on modded Toucams eg see their latest ATK-1C

http://www.perseu.pt/index.html?lang=en-us

Robin

Old November 10th 03, 05:28 PM
Stuart Turrell

the toucam's on there look completely different to what they really are,
have this company redesigned the camera particulary for astronomical use?
Looks tempting, anyone got one of them? what they actually like?

Old November 10th 03, 05:41 PM
Robin Leadbeater

"Stuart Turrell" wrote in message
the toucam's on there look completely different to what they really are,
have this company redesigned the camera particulary for astronomical use?
Looks tempting, anyone got one of them? what they actually like?

They originally sold modded Toucams in their original case, plus the usual
screw in adapter. They have now moved to these in purpose built cases with
air cooling. It may be partly because there is not enough room in the new
replacement Toucam II to fit in the mod electronics. The spec appears to be
the same as the Steve Chambers modded Toucam and I understand they are one
of only two companies licensed by him to sell cameras using the mod. (The
other is SAC imaging) Are you a member of QCUIAG? (If not you should
definitely join) If you ask there you will get feedback on Perseu quality
(I do not own one, having built my own cameras but have not seen any bad
reports)

Robin
Robin Leadbeater
N54.75 W3.24