Neil Armstrong has Died

Old August 25th 12, 09:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Orval Fairbairn

Default Neil Armstrong has Died

I just got this from a friend:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...mstrong-dies-a
t-82/

Condolences to his family and friends.
Old August 25th 12, 10:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
jacob navia[_5_]

Le 25/08/12 22:53, Orval Fairbairn a écrit :
I just got this from a friend:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...mstrong-dies-a
t-82/

Condolences to his family and friends.

Ahhh that summer of 1969.

How sad that he is gone. Gone without being able to see that we will
return to that magic place again. That we will go on beyond that place
to see what lies beyond, always, what lies beyond.

Old August 26th 12, 12:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Jonathan

"Each that we lose takes part of us,
A crescent still abides,
Which like the moon, some turbid night,
Is summoned by the tides"

By E Dickinson

Old August 26th 12, 06:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Bob Haller

niel did a excellent job as a pilot and astronaut, but lacked the
dynamic personality needed to help push for mars

I bet nasa management later regreted their decision to choose him as
first man on the moon.........

Old August 26th 12, 11:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Bob Haller

On Aug 26, 5:23*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:
niel did a excellent job as a pilot and astronaut, but lacked the
dynamic personality needed to help push for mars

I bet nasa management later regreted their decision to choose him as
first man on the moon.........

I'd bet they didn't, as if someone else had been in charge what we'd
have had was "first manned smoking hole on the Moon".

*territory."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --G. Behn

The astronauts were mostly combat experienced, and any of them could
of anded safely or aborted, to try again......
Old September 8th 12, 10:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Fevric J. Glandules

Fred J. McCall wrote:

And no, most agree that NOT "any of them could of anded [sic] safely".

Really?

Genuine question, not trying to argue for the sake of it.

I would have thought that any of the Apollo astronauts could, with
Commander's training, have done the first landing. Or was Neil A
exceptional even within that highly-rarefied elite?
Old September 9th 12, 01:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"Fevric J. Glandules" wrote in message ...

Fred J. McCall wrote:

And no, most agree that NOT "any of them could of anded [sic] safely".

Really?

Genuine question, not trying to argue for the sake of it.

I would have thought that any of the Apollo astronauts could, with
Commander's training, have done the first landing. Or was Neil A
exceptional even within that highly-rarefied elite?

I would argue probably any of the commanders could have done it, but
Armstrong probably was one of the best overall at that point.

Old August 26th 12, 05:39 AM posted to sci.space.history
Stuf4

....Clearly a bad week for Armstrong's.

....One more person who didn't want to live to see the Top Gun sequel made.

....I guess people will finally stop bugging him for his autograph.

....Aldrin: "Great, now Neil's going to beat me in getting his ashes sent there."

(Ok, too soon.)

~ CT
Old September 11th 12, 12:29 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Saturday, August 25, 2012 11:39:11 PM UTC-5, Stuf4 wrote:
...Clearly a bad week for Armstrong's.

....If it's the last thing I do, I will find out who you are, where you live, all your personal information, and I will disseminate it on every computer network, forum, newsgroup and mailing list, inviting ever 4chantard to datamine and totally ruin your life for the rest of your miserable existence. I'll even make sure you're put on a NAMBLA mailing list, just so you'll get what's coming to you, you pathetic, psychotic maladroit.

OM