The Fisher AG-7 "Anti-Gravity" Space Pen !

Old August 2nd 07, 11:17 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Jonathan

Default The Fisher AG-7 "Anti-Gravity" Space Pen !

An article in Scientific American does some myth-busting.

Fact or Fiction?: NASA Spent Millions to Develop a Pen that
Would Write in Space, whereas the Soviet Cosmonauts
Used a Pencil

"The problem of weightless writing was not solved by either
Soviet central planning or good old American sub-contracting,
but by a private investor and a good idea"
By Ciara Curtin
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?art...EFFCD06138AEC4

Old August 2nd 07, 11:22 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:17:14 -0400, in a place far, far away,
"Jonathan" made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

An article in Scientific American does some myth-busting.

That's pretty old news.
Old August 4th 07, 04:41 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Aug 2, 3:17 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
An article in Scientific American does some myth-busting.

Fact or Fiction?: NASA Spent Millions to Develop a Pen that
Would Write in Space, whereas the Soviet Cosmonauts
Used a Pencil

"The problem of weightless writing was not solved by either
Soviet central planning or good old American sub-contracting,
but by a private investor and a good idea"
By Ciara Curtinhttp://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=9CF01C5C-E7F2-99DF-3EEFFCD...

I have been using Fischer Space Pens all of my life. Although NASA
spent "millions" on the development, the pen has practical uses on the
ground. SInce it is pressurized you can write while lying down or even
upside down. You cannot do that with a regular ballpoint pen.

Matthew Ota

Old August 4th 07, 05:04 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

" wrote:

:
:I have been using Fischer Space Pens all of my life. Although NASA
:spent "millions" on the development, the pen has practical uses on the
:ground. SInce it is pressurized you can write while lying down or even
:upside down. You cannot do that with a regular ballpoint pen.
:

Just how much demand is there in your life for writing upside down?

Have you considered using a pencil?

territory."
--G. Behn

Old August 4th 07, 02:54 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Aug 2, 3:17 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
An article in Scientific American does some myth-busting.

Fact or Fiction?: NASA Spent Millions to Develop a Pen that
Would Write in Space, whereas the Soviet Cosmonauts
Used a Pencil

"The problem of weightless writing was not solved by either
Soviet central planning or good old American sub-contracting,
but by a private investor and a good idea"
By Ciara Curtinhttp://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=9CF01C5C-E7F2-99DF-3EEFFCD...

What the F are you silly damage-control clowns doing, besides your
having been wasting our limited resources and diverting what little
talent we've got left to work with.
- Brad Guth

Old August 4th 07, 02:58 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Aug 3, 9:04 pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
" wrote:

:
:I have been using Fischer Space Pens all of my life. Although NASA
:spent "millions" on the development, the pen has practical uses on the
:ground. SInce it is pressurized you can write while lying down or even
:upside down. You cannot do that with a regular ballpoint pen.
:

Just how much demand is there in your life for writing upside down?

Have you considered using a pencil?

territory."
--G. Behn

Them dirty rotten Russians were always a whole lot smarter than us,
using those complicated and spendy to R&D pencils and all.
- Brad Guth