The King is Dead! Long Live Black Gold!

Old August 1st 05, 06:48 PM
Double-A

Default The King is Dead! Long Live Black Gold!

King Fahd of Saudi Arabia has died.

The price of crude oil has risen above $62 a barrel!

Double-A

Old August 9th 05, 02:12 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A Today a barrel is selling for $64 Time ti switch to
straight hydrogen. Someday we will build a huge hydrogen plastic
balloon in space with a diameter of 25 miles.it will go to Jupiter and
be blown up with hydrogen,and put in orbit around the earth. Robot
tankers will compress it and bring it down. It could be done cheap,and
in reality be a self paying enterprise. Its a shame to look at
Jupiter with all that hydrogen ,and we have to fool around with the
black goo,and make the terrorists rich. Fact
is a 25 mile diameter plastic balloon I could build for the same money
as the ISS,and it would pay for itself,and be much more useful
Bert

Old August 9th 05, 03:33 PM
Art Deco

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Hi Double-A Today a barrel is selling for $64 Time ti switch to
straight hydrogen. Someday we will build a huge hydrogen plastic
balloon in space with a diameter of 25 miles.it will go to Jupiter and
be blown up with hydrogen,and put in orbit around the earth. Robot
tankers will compress it and bring it down. It could be done cheap,and
in reality be a self paying enterprise. Its a shame to look at
Jupiter with all that hydrogen ,and we have to fool around with the
black goo,and make the terrorists rich. Fact
is a 25 mile diameter plastic balloon I could build for the same money
as the ISS,and it would pay for itself,and be much more useful
Bert

Even easier, you could go to the Sun at night to gas up with hydrogen.

--
Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler

"Don't be too envious. Yes, I have got it all. I am rich, I
have a good education, and I am rather good looking .. so
where does that leave you?
C."
-- Charles D. "Chuckweasel" Bohne polishes his ego a bit

"That's what you expect from people who think that the
cyberworld isn't "RL"."
-- Dr. David Tholen, Psychic Astrologer
Old August 9th 05, 09:18 PM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Double-A Today a barrel is selling for $64 Time ti switch to
straight hydrogen. Someday we will build a huge hydrogen plastic
balloon in space with a diameter of 25 miles.it will go to Jupiter and
be blown up with hydrogen,and put in orbit around the earth. Robot
tankers will compress it and bring it down. It could be done cheap,and
in reality be a self paying enterprise. Its a shame to look at
Jupiter with all that hydrogen ,and we have to fool around with the
black goo,and make the terrorists rich. Fact
is a 25 mile diameter plastic balloon I could build for the same money
as the ISS,and it would pay for itself,and be much more useful
Bert

Since it costs a million dollars just to fly the Shuttle back to
Florida, I doubt that any enterprise to bring back hydrogen from
Jupiter would be cost effective (cost less than oil).

However, there might be a much closer source of hydrogen: Solar Wind!

Double-A

Old August 10th 05, 06:26 AM
Raving Loonie

Double-A wrote:
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

Anyone wanna buy a slightly used satellite located in an inner planet
trajectory for roughly $35 million USD ? ( IIRC )

Seems to come complete with your own select team of boffins ...

Apparently this opportunity is being offered as is. Should you
wish to have it refurbished, it's on your own copper.

See http://tinyurl.com/dyv4y

RL

P.S. ... I wonder if NASA would sell Voyager ?

[ Quoting ... ]

"All proposals for use of the Deep Impact spacecraft will be evaluated
for science merit and feasibility along with all submitted proposal for
Missions of Opportunity," he said. "The spacecraft is being offered as
is. Proposers must include mission management and spacecraft operations
in the total proposed funding."

Further details will be posted by the end of July on the Discovery
Program acquisition site:

http://centauri.larc.nasa.gov/discovery

Old August 10th 05, 11:17 AM
Ray Vingnutte

On 9 Aug 2005 22:26:31 -0700
"Raving Loonie" wrote:

Double-A wrote:
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

Or Eileen Collins, Dinner dates with Eileen Collins, lunch dates with
Eileen Collins that should raise a fair budget ;-)

Cuts are certainly underway at NASA, several pointers posted over the
last few days as to what can be had here

http://www.nasawatch.com/

Old August 11th 05, 06:31 AM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:

Ray Vingnutte wrote:
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 09:12:23 -0400
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

Hi Double-A Today a barrel is selling for $64 Time ti switch
to straight hydrogen. Someday we will build a huge hydrogen plastic
balloon in space with a diameter of 25 miles.it will go to Jupiter and
be blown up with hydrogen,and put in orbit around the earth. Robot
tankers will compress it and bring it down. It could be done
cheap,and in reality be a self paying enterprise. Its a shame to
look at Jupiter with all that hydrogen ,and we have to fool around
with the black goo,and make the terrorists rich.
Fact
is a 25 mile diameter plastic balloon I could build for the same money
as the ISS,and it would pay for itself,and be much more useful
Bert

It's up to 65 dollars now Bert and still rising, if you use heating oil
get some in now as they are saying there may well be shortages for
winter, Don't know what kind of winters you have there.

Bert lives in sunny Florida. They don't know about winter down there!

Double-A

nightbat

And why would you need fuel oil for a house that got blown away
by multi hurricanes anyway? They report 6 to 9 more potentially heading
for Officer Bert this season. The rich don't worry about the rising cost
of heating oil because they installed expansive geothermal heating
plants that don't use any heating oil. The high rising cost of oil could
mean many tragic deaths for the poor in the most effected winter temps
occurring sectors of the globe.

carry on,
the nightbat

ED CONRAD ON LARRY KING LIVE -- Confidential Memo to All Affiliates.. Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 3 January 7th 06 01:06 PM
Can't get out of the universe "My crew will blow it up"!!!!!!!!!!! zetasum Space Shuttle 0 February 4th 05 11:11 PM
My CATS concept. charlie Policy 50 October 10th 03 04:23 AM
Link between Black Holes and Galaxies Discovered in Our Own Backyard(Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 July 17th 03 07:36 PM