MAN IN ORBIT 45 recording

Old February 26th 05, 05:45 AM
Peter Smith

Default MAN IN ORBIT 45 recording

In tidying up I just found an old 45 single.

It is titled 'Americas First Man In Orbit'.

Place: Pad 14 Cape Canaveral
Date February 20, 1962
Time 0947am EST Lift off MA6 - The Atlas Booaster Rocket
109D carrying Mercury space capsule "Friendship 7" Manned and
piloted by Lt. COL. John H. Glenn, Jr US Marine Corps

Narated by Lt Col John A Powers in Mercury Control

Actually its a long playing 33 1/3 single-format record with Side1/Side2

So are these a dime a dozen, or should I get it transferred? Of course I
chucked out our record player about 12 months ago...

- Peter

Old February 26th 05, 11:18 AM
OM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 04:45:08 GMT, "Peter Smith"
wrote:

In tidying up I just found an old 45 single.

It is titled 'Americas First Man In Orbit'.

Place: Pad 14 Cape Canaveral
Date February 20, 1962
Time 0947am EST Lift off MA6 - The Atlas Booaster Rocket
109D carrying Mercury space capsule "Friendship 7" Manned and
piloted by Lt. COL. John H. Glenn, Jr US Marine Corps

Narated by Lt Col John A Powers in Mercury Control

Actually its a long playing 33 1/3 single-format record with Side1/Side2

So are these a dime a dozen, or should I get it transferred? Of course I
chucked out our record player about 12 months ago...

....Record it to MP3 and post it somewhere. I had a copy of this when I
was 4, and wish I still had a copy today!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old February 26th 05, 11:37 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...Record it to MP3 and post it somewhere. I had a copy of this when I
was 4, and wish I still had a copy today!

Is this the one that also has the Minuteman launch and ejection from the
jet fighter on it?
Because you got that one free when you joined "The Science Service"
paste-in stamp book subscription, IIRC.
I keep remembering "Pictures, pictures, pictures- clean, clean,
clean..." from that record.

Pat
Old February 26th 05, 12:20 PM

"Peter Smith" writes:

In tidying up I just found an old 45 single.

It is titled 'Americas First Man In Orbit'.

Place: Pad 14 Cape Canaveral
Date February 20, 1962
Time 0947am EST Lift off MA6 - The Atlas Booaster Rocket
109D carrying Mercury space capsule "Friendship 7" Manned and
piloted by Lt. COL. John H. Glenn, Jr US Marine Corps

Narated by Lt Col John A Powers in Mercury Control

Actually its a long playing 33 1/3 single-format record with
Side1/Side2

So are these a dime a dozen, or should I get it transferred? Of
course I chucked out our record player about 12 months ago...

I had one, then someone tried to play it on a bloody gramaphone

Please MP3 it and put it up somewhere.

--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.
Old February 27th 05, 03:12 AM
Peter Smith

wrote...
Peter Smith writes:

In tidying up I just found an old 45 single.

It is titled 'Americas First Man In Orbit'.

Place: Pad 14 Cape Canaveral
Date February 20, 1962
Time 0947am EST Lift off MA6 - The Atlas Booaster Rocket
109D carrying Mercury space capsule "Friendship 7" Manned and
piloted by Lt. COL. John H. Glenn, Jr US Marine Corps

Narated by Lt Col John A Powers in Mercury Control

Actually its a long playing 33 1/3 single-format record with
Side1/Side2

So are these a dime a dozen, or should I get it transferred? Of
course I chucked out our record player about 12 months ago...

I had one, then someone tried to play it on a bloody gramaphone

Please MP3 it and put it up somewhere.

OK, I'll have a go at that.

I'm not sure how to go about it, but my brother-in-law got some 78s from
the '40's which were cracked and flaking laser-transferred somewhere - the
quality they got out of them is astounding.
This vinyl single looks in pretty good nick.
I'll ask him - but it might be a month or so...

- Peter

Old February 27th 05, 04:56 AM
nancy13g

Peter Smith wrote:
In tidying up I just found an old 45 single.

It is titled 'Americas First Man In Orbit'.

Someone's offering it on eBay right now with a starting bid of $15. No
bidders so far. He's also got some other space-related records. (I'm
not the one selling them, btw. I just checked eBay because I was
curious about what the market value might be.)

Old February 27th 05, 06:03 AM
Peter Smith

Pat Flannery wrote...

Is this the one that also has the Minuteman launch
and ejection from the jet fighter on it?

It only has the description I posted, no other info. Of course whenever I
get to hear it, I'll let you know

- Peter