The "Buy Land on the Moon" thread.

Old December 10th 03, 02:41 PM
Paul Blay

Default The "Buy Land on the Moon" thread.

"Pat Flannery" wrote ...
Is it just me, or is this one the all-time winner thread for topic drift?
Let's review it in a "Reader's Digest" form:

massive snip

"WHITE MAN STEAL INDIAN MOON!"

And I think that's about where it stands at the moment...

I think I recognize some bits of that.

You have far too much time on your hands. ;-)

Of course it's not true. Neil Armstrong handed over beads in
fair trade - just too bad that the Moon Indians hadn't predicted
the massive collapse of the bead market after first contact was
made. This led to the complete collapse of their economy in
short order, and thus the need for the 'apollo' missions to
continue their scientific and exploratory cover story soon ceased.

Now of course the Chinese are seeking to monopolise the cheap
Moon labour market - you didn't really think there were enough
Chinese for _all_ that 'made in China' stuff did you?
Old December 10th 03, 03:14 PM
Herb Schaltegger

Pat Flannery wrote:

Is it just me, or is this one the all-time winner thread for topic drift?
Let's review it in a "Reader's Digest" form:

(snipped excellent summary)

Pat has neatly condensed the thread into the equivalent of a styrofoam
dodecahedron. I think I'll refrain from ****ing onto it any further in an
effort to rehydrate the Red Shirts (15% of whom were probably gay to begin
with . . . ;-)

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
Reformed Aerospace Engineer

Old December 10th 03, 04:59 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:14:08 -0600, Herb Schaltegger
lid wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:

Is it just me, or is this one the all-time winner thread for topic drift?
Let's review it in a "Reader's Digest" form:

(snipped excellent summary)

Pat has neatly condensed the thread into the equivalent of a styrofoam
dodecahedron. I think I'll refrain from ****ing onto it any further in an
effort to rehydrate the Red Shirts (15% of whom were probably gay to begin
with . . . ;-)

Actually there were only two gay characters:

http://www.lunaticlounge.com/treklove/
Old December 10th 03, 05:46 PM
Scott Hedrick

I nominate Pat for therapy.

--
If you have had problems with Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC),
please contact shredder at bellsouth dot net. There may be a class-action

Old December 10th 03, 06:56 PM
Hop David

Pat Flannery wrote:

(snip surreal summary of a big thread)

It looks like you read each and every post in that sucker.

Truly, you have balls of steel.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

Old December 10th 03, 07:35 PM
Mary Shafer

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:08:23 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I can see clearly now that we are all both Native Americans...and Indians.

I see by your outfit that you are a cowboy,
I see by your outfit that you're a cowboy, too.
We see by our outfits that we are both cowboys,
If you buy an outfit, you'll be a cowboy, too.

Sorry, just had a Smothers Brothers moment.

Mary "I can see clearly now the rain has come...."

Old December 10th 03, 08:05 PM
Hop David

Pat Flannery wrote:

This is only arguably legal according to Norman French law.
As is having a child who is older than you are.

http://www.songlyrics.com/song-lyric...pa/190233.html

Old December 10th 03, 09:26 PM
Pat Flannery

Paul Blay wrote:

I think I recognize some bits of that.

You have far too much time on your hands. ;-)

It is an unarguable fact that there are now more Native Americans in
Columbus, Ohio than when Columbus arrived in the U.S.

Pat

Old December 10th 03, 09:38 PM
Pat Flannery

Scott Hedrick wrote:

I nominate Pat for therapy.

I'll second that nomination, in my capacity (diminished though it may
be) of Emperor Of The French.

Napoleon the XIV