Next Apollo-Style Space Race in 5+ Years?

Old May 17th 08, 07:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Next Apollo-Style Space Race in 5+ Years?

NEXT APOLLO-STYLE SPACE RACE IN 5+ YEARS?

Macroeconomic and Macrohistorical Trends Over Last 200 Years Support
Near-Term Space Forecast

Today’s world is afflicted by natural disasters, economic uncertainty,
and global terrorism. Is it possible that President Kennedy’s 40+
year old vision of human expansion into space will rise again, in less
than ten years, to dominate global headlines?

A new weblog -- http://21stCenturyWaves.com -- shows the answer is
yes.

Trends over the last 200 years - in the economy, technology, and
society - clearly point to the decade between 2015 and 2025 as
heralding a similar economic and exploration boom as the 1960s,
accompanied by a Camelot-style zeitgeist.

When the 1960s wave of space exploration is viewed in the context of
other major science, technology, and exploration advances over the
last 200 years, it becomes possible to forecast the next peak in human
achievement. As trends are examined, major events in human exploration
(e.g., Lewis and Clark), massive state-of-the-art engineering projects
(e.g., Panama Canal), and exceptionally destructive wars (e.g., Civil
War) are seen to cluster together roughly every 56 years, near times
of economic booms.

This new macroeconomic/macrohistorical approach to strategic
technology forecasting convincingly explains our national romance with
the Apollo Moon program in the 1960s, and society’s waning interest in
it in the 1970s. Even more importantly, it enables scientific
forecasts about the specific timing and key drivers of events in our
future, including the following:

1) When will humans land on Mars and vacation on the Moon?
2) Why has public support for space waned since the 1970s and, despite
a world often full of bad news, why is it increasing now?
3) What are some of the near-term economic, technological, and
political events we can expect that will culminate by 2025 in the
greatest technology and space extravaganzas ever seen?

In summary, the two major themes presented in the 21st Century Waves
blog a
A) New scientific evidence for the psychosocial power of the space
vision suggests that, like prior periods of significant human
achievement, it is capable of providing a revitalizing force for human
civilization in the near future, and
B) Despite its compelling nature, the Space Vision will not fully
begin to materialize until around 2015 when long-term trends in
economics, technology, and society are favorable again.

These themes and the forecast for 2015 have been featured in such
journals as Space Policy, Futures Research Quarterly, Ad Astra. and as
a presentation topic at AIAA conferences. Please join us as we track
our forecasts in real-time against daily events and trends from around
the world in 10 Wave Guide areas, including economic growth, non-space
macro-engineering projects, popular culture, as well as NASA and
international space activities.

This is “Space Colonization Central!” We specialize in timing,
roadmaps, and growth strategies.

Check us out! Your comments are welcome!

Old May 17th 08, 09:05 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Derek Lyons

wrote:

A new weblog --
http://21stCenturyWaves.com -- shows the answer is
yes.

Check us out! Your comments are welcome!

For the first, no need - the value of your writing is amply displayed
in the overly large sample provided.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old May 17th 08, 06:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

In that case, you intelligent folks should be intently focused upon
Venus, or at the very least on behalf of establishing Venus L2, as for
hosting our cool POOF City habitat/depot/gateway or Oasis for future
missions to/from Venus.

What would you like to know about the planet Venus, or that of Venus
L2?
. - Brad Guth